AIH 2-200 btu burners with one regulater, one gas line

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DGW

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new to the forum, and have been reading and doing searches (here and all over) on making keezers, brewing all grain beer, equipment, and generally having a ball and sometimes going cross eyed from reading online to long.

I won't go into to much detail on what I've already bought, but I'm getting close to starting my keezer build. I've got regulators sitting in the garage, Co2 tanks, freezer, etc.-- I have always wanted to home brew, so at the same time I have been researching all grain brewing and have just started buying equipment, to start that going also (have to have the beer to put in the keezer, right?).

I've decided I want to start with a 2 burner setup, but I'm undecided what to buy. It seems everyone has a somewhat different opinion on what will get the job done. I've thought about the Blichmann burner, Edelmetall, & Bayou Classic KB6. The reviews on quality seem to be that the Blichmann and Edelmetall lead the pack for overall quality, design and lower gas usage. Bayou Classic KB6 seems to come in 3rd, but handles getting water boiling well. Today I started reading about AIH's 14 inch 2-200 BTU burners with one regulator, one gas line. They had around 15 positive reviews on their site, but I really couldn't find much about them on the Internet. The reviews at AIH said they did well on larger pots coming to a boil (15 gal). While at their web site, I used the chat button and asked them if they had complaints about propane tanks freezing up when both burners were cranked up at the same time. They denied having complaints, and none were listed in the reviews.

I'm trying to go with specs that will help me not to have to buy new equipment when I want to start making larger (gal) boils. This would be a good time to mention that cost isn't my primary consideration, but it runs a very close 2nd at this point!

The AIH 2 burner setup (on paper) sounds the best at this point. Any one heard or had experience with the AIH burners? Any and all help (and opinions) are appreciated----Dan

Interesting?? 75 people read and no one replied?? How did i peeve everyone off?? Did a lot of searches, just didn't find any answers-Or is everyone that read it like me, just looking for answerers?

I had propane company at my house yesterday to tell me what I need. He seemed to indicate freezing is due to volume not keeping up with demand. He said no way on a 20lb tank but a 40# tank with "big" lines to the stand. All 1/2 inch to burner valves.

We'll see.

Todd

I have the burners you referenced. They're great. I brew 15 gallon batches, and these burners handle it no problemo. I did have a small leak at the regulator after my third batch. I called AIH. They said to return it if I couldn't fix it. I ended up unscrewing the leaking fitting and reapplying thread sealant. Worked like a charm.

My only (small) beef is that they are only 14". My 25 gallon boil kettle barely fits on there.

I have the burners you referenced. They're great. I brew 15 gallon batches, and these burners handle it no problemo. I did have a small leak at the regulator after my third batch. I called AIH. They said to return it if I couldn't fix it. I ended up unscrewing the leaking fitting and reapplying thread sealant. Worked like a charm.

My only (small) beef is that they are only 14". My 25 gallon boil kettle barely fits on there.

I'd like to thank you and Todd for taking the time to reply, it's appreciatted--Todd's reply to the freezing lines is information worth having for future reference.

My main question is to you soonerpike. When using your dual 14" burners, have you had occasion to run both burners full blast at the same time, and if you have, did you notice a significant reduction in the BTU's to each burner, causing a longer boil time? I asked this at AIH, and they said the volume of propane and hence BTU's would be reduced, but they had no data on the amount. If in real life, it's not enough to impair function, it might not be a issue?

Interesting?? 75 people read and no one replied?? How did i peeve everyone off?? Did a lot of searches, just didn't find any answers-Or is everyone that read it like me, just looking for answerers?

When I said I did a lot of search's for "Burners" on Home Brew Talk, I wasn't lying!! I even started checking the forum reply by reply trying to find relevent threads--Today I logged in and found "HomeBrewTalk Tips and Tricks"--How about that!! One of the first things I stumbled on was the Google search function. After doing a new search with just "burners" as the search criteria with the Google function, I have found enough information to keep me digging (and trying to digest what I've read) for quite a while!! Hopefully if I have to repost for help, I'll be able to do so with more detailed questions, instead of the more shotgun approach--

Trying to build a Coffin Keezer and a single tier brew setup at the same time is fun, but somewhat daunting--Damn, what fun!
Dan :mug:

I'd like to thank you and Todd for taking the time to reply, it's appreciatted--Todd's reply to the freezing lines is information worth having for future reference.

My main question is to you soonerpike. When using your dual 14" burners, have you had occasion to run both burners full blast at the same time, and if you have, did you notice a significant reduction in the BTU's to each burner, causing a longer boil time? I asked this at AIH, and they said the volume of propane and hence BTU's would be reduced, but they had no data on the amount. If in real life, it's not enough to impair function, it might not be a issue?

Totally not an issue. When I did a test run I boiled 15 gallons on each burner at the same time. They put out a serious amount of heat. It might not be the most efficient flame. Banjo burners might have a better design where they use less propane to get the same effect. Regardless, these burners kick out a lot of heat.

Latest posts

Back