AHS Peach Wheat on a Kolsch yeast cake?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crammer

Reaction score
I bought an AHS Peach Wheat mini-mash kit and I'm debating on pitching it onto a Kolsch yeast cake instead of the purposed California V (WPL051) yeast that's called in the recipe. Thoughts? RDWHAHB? :tank:

Do it and let us know how it turns out!
Kolsch yeast is a little bit fruity, but it wouldn't be my first choice for a wheat. Haven't tried it though. Maybe it'll be awesome. It'll probably be at least okay.

Kolsch yeast is a great choice for an American wheat. The Wyeast 1010 American Wheat yeast is supposedly a derivative of a kolsch strain. I just made a hoppy wheat with the Wyeast kolsch strain and it came out awesome.

I've done a good o-fest with kolsch yeast too. I wouldn't call it fruity, as long as you're fermenting at the 65F recommended temp. its a pretty versatile, clean ale yeast from my experiences.

Yeah I should note I have no fermentation temp control, so all of my fermentations are in the 75+ range.

I've done a good o-fest with kolsch yeast too. I wouldn't call it fruity, as long as you're fermenting at the 65F recommended temp. its a pretty versatile, clean ale yeast from my experiences.

That's what the yeast cake's from. Two batches of oktoberfest ale ferm. at 58.
:mug:

Back