AHS Comes Through

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dutra2418

Reaction score
Hey all,
Just wanted to share a quick story with you. Having seen some reviews of shady online homebrew dealers I wanted to sprinkle in some good news too. Now I know AHS is a legit business but I feel like they deserve some props for doing the right thing.

To make a long story short: I was bought an AHS gift cert for my birthday. The amount written on the PDF I received was $75. As many of you know AHS offers free shipping on orders over $100. As many of you also know, AHS has a weird way of doing gift certs. You put in the number and it isn't deducted from your order. It is instead returned to your card after you order. You would imagine my surprise when I received an email from them saying that my $50 was refunded to my card. Wait..I thought it was $75! That's why I bought up to $100! A few emails were exchanged and it turns out there was a clerical error on their end. Only $50 was purchased, but $75 was written down. In the mean time the box had already shipped so it's not like they could take out $25 worth of purchase, not to mention that would then negate the free shipping. Instead of turning this into what could have been a cluster-f they decided to comp the extra $25, which they most definitely did not have to do.

Ok, maybe I didn't turn that into a short story. Regardless, I will do business with them again.:ban:

I have no idea what you were trying to do with the money. And who wrote on the PDF? Your relative? Not a clerical error on their side if that is what happened. If they wrote it, I would expect them to back it. And why not spend the $100 anyways?

I have no idea what you were trying to do with the money. And who wrote on the PDF? Your relative? Not a clerical error on their side if that is what happened. If they wrote it, I would expect them to back it. And why not spend the $100 anyways?

They (AHS) write the pdf and email it to you. You're right, you would expect them to honor it, but I've dealt with companies online that would have just sacked you anyway, even if you wouldn't do business with them again.

...and I know its not possible to have too many brewing toys, but SWMBO has a different point of view! We live in a decent sized one bedroom apt and the utility closet and a hallway closet are already full of carboys, bottles, plastic buckets, tubing, mash tun, siphons etc. :D

Back