Aggieland Get Together

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lil' Sparky

Cowboys EAC
Reaction score
Brewed two 10 gal batches yesterday with a few locals and got a chance to break in the new stand. I took a few pics and thought I'd share.

Deathweed and Jas0420 were two of the guys that came over. Here they are checking out the new wares.

DSCN2940.JPG

We went through almost that entire sack of Maris Otter!

Had to put some of the squids to work. This is Skip's gnome manning the Barley Crusher.

DSCN2942.JPG

Mark used the old 3-tier. Here he is doughing in his first AG batch. We missed his mash temps by a few degrees, so Skips applying some heat. The mash on the single tier is stepping up to mash out using direct-fire + recirculation. The new QD's were awesome!

There was a little bit of envy in the air even if you were there. :) Lil' Sparky has a great setup, a great backup setup, and most importantly, brews a mighty fine beer!

Thanks again for sharing the experience!

jas0420 said:
... and most importantly, brews a mighty fine beer!

... the easy way.

Thought I'd finish that sentence for you. ;) Actually yesterday wasn't the most relaxing brew day I've had since we had 2 batches going at the same time and it was Mark's 1st AG batch. It was still a great day, though - we'll do it again soon!

Lil' Sparky said:
Ryan, weren't you putting together a brew day up there? Already happened?

yeah we ended up doing it another guys house from on here, kind of last min. Im gonna wait for the weather to warm up some, then try and get some interest going for one.

Wow, I am kind of impressed how you got Jas0420 and I in the exact same stance in both of those first two pictures!

Wish I could have stayed the whole time... Oh well, I guess I will just have to brew on Saturday!

Pretty nice set up. Especially for an aggie!!! Just messin with ya! (As a die hard Longhorn I have to):rockin:

Latest posts

Back