After a Fifteen Year Break

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome back! I took a ten year break. It doesn't take long before the addiction get back in your system. Enjoy!

9 years for me. Its like riding a bicycle :) The first couple of batches I made a few newbie mistakes, but the beer is better than ever.

David

My break was 11 years... I hit the ground running... 91 gallons since 4/22/09 (wow, I just added that up, where did that all go?). I did 3 extract batches and then went all grain. 3 batches after that I was on my single tier setup. Its defiantly a labor of love. Good Luck and have fun!:tank:

Yesterday I broke a fifteen year dry spell. I took the time off for kids and geting a larger home.

But, I am back. One Red Ale in fermenter another one set to brew next weekend.
:ban: :mug:
Well here I am again. 12 years 7 months. Took time off for a career and an even larger home.

I took a break from drinking recently, but then I got up, got rid of the "rented" liquid, had a glass of water and then got another pint.
A 15 year dry spell is a long time, welcome back.
:tank:

Last edited:
Yesterday I broke a fifteen year dry spell. I took the time off for kids and geting a larger home.

But, I am back. One Red Ale in fermenter another one set to brew next weekend.
:ban: :mug:
You’ll have some catching up to do. New styles are here, old styles are gone, new techniques as far as hops, new varieties of hops, etc. New yeasts, O2 obsession is all the rage, lots of other things. Use what you know, judge for yourself what “new” things are valuable and what ones might not be to your liking.

Back