advice on putting in weldless fittings

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FrostyBeverage

Reaction score
Ok, so I have a 30 qt SS economy style pot. I am moving from extract to all grain capability. I know the 30 qt is a tight fit for doing ag... BUT economy wise putting a little bit of cash into weldless fittings for a ball valve and thermo fitting would be nice... But is this a good idea for an "economy" grade pot? Walls are thin I suppose... maybe I should just pony up and get a blichman's ha!

You're using the cheapest option for installing a ball valve on a cheap pot. I fail to see the problem. Go for it.

i figure if I really jack it up I still have the fittings and all. Although im really not seeing a downside, thanks for the thumbs up folks.

I did that on my turkey freyer pot. works like a champ. I did note there is a little flex in ball valve when i open/close it. otherwise not bad at all.

Compare the pricing at BargainFittings on SS stuff, he has some pretty good pricing, of course SS will cost more, but you will buy it once. Then a year from now when you get that big raise and want to blingify your rig, you will not have to buy twice?

You are looking at $5 more per fitting WITH ball valve if you buy SS... that is pretty reasonable.

I have been there, and done that. Just my .02

I keep thinking I will take the brass option off but I still get a few people ordering it.

I tell people the exact same thing when they ask brass or stainless.

expect that order the morrow. I am sold on SS. Your prices are fantastic, esp since I can not find SS anything anywhere around me, save the local homebrewstore, but honestly like 175% your prices is a lil much... So I will continue to buy grain etc from them, but this one is yours

Back