adding a 220 breaker

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

odorf

Guru of Nothing
Reaction score
first and foremost, if not qualified call a electrician

I am not an electrician, this is for informational use only

21e0ab94-0820-4d15-b864-31e36dabe954_400.jpg

BEFORE YOU GO another further, DID you turn off the Breaker??

21e0ab94-0820-4d15-b864-31e36dabe954_400.jpg

th1JUI2LES.jpg

eaton-before-and-after-1024x677.jpg

mm.jpg

If you use 3 with a ground how do you gt 120?
from 220?

icon (1).gif

Turning the main disconnect or main breaker off is good practice when working in a box, BUT.... confirm that everything is off using a meter that you have just tested while the power is on.

Best practice is to always behave as if the power is ON.

Most of my life, I've worked with breaker panels that you could NOT shut off because they have no main breaker, in fact all 3 of the panels I have lack a main breaker, and one meter has no main disconnect, so the only way to shut the power off is to pull the meter, and that doesn't go over well with the power company......Unless you know the guys pretty well.

People who are nervous about working with electricity should hire someone else........

Turning the main disconnect or main breaker off is good practice when working in a box, BUT.... confirm that everything is off using a meter that you have just tested while the power is on.

Best practice is to always behave as if the power is ON.

Most of my life, I've worked with breaker panels that you could NOT shut off because they have no main breaker, in fact all 3 of the panels I have lack a main breaker, and one meter has no main disconnect, so the only way to shut the power off is to pull the meter, and that doesn't go over well with the power company......Unless you know the guys pretty well.

People who are nervous about working with electricity should hire someone else........

I was under a sink in some new apartments installing the dishwasher,sink,
disposal.
as I was working, the wire for the disposal, touched my ear.
shocked the hell out of me.

I jumped out from under the sink YELLING I was "GONNA KICK a electrician's .....!"

He ran out the front door with me right on his six,

I caught him 2 apartments down.

"WHY I OUTTA!!!!!."...we became friends :D

Latest posts

Back