Added super kleer now wine is cloudy.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frankmiester

Reaction score
Added super kleer to a strawberry and a peach, now both are cloudy. peach was kind of clear before I added finings but I was trying to speed up the process. been a week now, still cloudy . Wine temp is about 73 degrees.
Both were made from concentrate. Should I try Bentonite?:drunk:

Fruits wines are often cloudy due to a pectin haze... Research that, I wouldn't willy nilly go adding a bunch of different things... How old is the wine? How long has it been sitting? Did you use an enzyme when fermenting to process the pectins?

I did not use pectic enzyme. But the wines were clearer than they are now before I added sk about a week and a half ago.

If you stabilized and backsweetened it may have made it cloud up. I've used super-kleer and had some god cloudy again for the better part of a few months doing that. Patience, also taking it cooler would be a tremendous help, think low 60's. Adding pectic enzyme can be done post fermentation but the alcohol inhibits it a little. try dosing one with some enzyme and seeing if there's an improvement. Again lower temp could be a huge help and just some patience and time.

Back