Actually drinking some beer I made!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

memphomaniac

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I feel like Tom Hanks in Castaway after he got his fire going. I - HAVE - MADE - BE-ER!

Sorry, a little n00b uforia and slight intoxication going on here. I've had three of the Centennial Blonds that seemed to be carbed up nice, and I checked the SG of the Hefe I made tonight for the first time, and damned if it didn't taste like a Hefe. Even a distinct clove flavor, which is what I was going for.

Sorry for the excitement, but I made a few batches about nine years ago that nobody could drink, so this is new. Thanks to all you guys for all the useful reading around here. :rockin::mug:

There's nothing like the experience of opening and trying your first bottle of homebrew! I still feel something similar when I draw the first pint of a new recipe, and watch the bubbles dancing to the surface. The wonder of it all doesn't seem to fade.

I brewed for a few years in my early twenties, and started back up in my mid forties. The great part about that, is that I got to relive that whole "first beer" moment! While the stuff I made back then was drinkable, the beer I make now is in another league, no contest.

There is nothing more rewarding than drinking a great tasting beer you made.

BTW, I'm in my early twenties...and I make damn good beer! I guess I hang around here too much.

Congrats. Be sure to put a few back, so you can try them later after you've made a few more batches.

The Tom Hank's analogy is what I've used ever since my first brew as well. Although I throw in a "Ahhuumm" at the first. Sounds kind of like a cross between Tom Hanks and Tim the Toolman Taylor.:D

Congrats on popping the cherry!

Wait until you have a friend that did not thik it was possible to make a better beer then a store bought Micro Brew, call and tell you your beer was GREAT.

Happened to me tonight with batch #2.

I'm drinking my second batch and the magic is still on ten! What an amazing feeling to drink your own brew. My first batch was good, but my hefe is amazing. Got a "You made this?" just today. HELL YEAH I MADE THIS!:rockin:

Good job memphomaniac.

Hefe must be the standard second brew around here... I did a porter first and am about a day away from kegging my second - a hefe. :D

Glad to hear your beer turned out great. It feels good to catch a buzz from your own creation. Not to mention all of that hard work you put into it comes down to that first glass :)

I find that I get drunk quicker on my own beers. I take that first sip, and think to my self this can't be right... this tastes to good to be something that I made. Then of course I have to take another sip, and another to prove to myself that I wasn't wrong. Before I know it the beer is gone. So of course I have to open another.:cross:

I like to think of millions of tiny creatures doing my bidding and making beer for me. The yeast is in a cave like the kids in Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom, mining beer from the sugar ore I provide to them, ha ha!

I feel like Tom Hanks in Castaway after he got his fire going. I - HAVE - MADE - BE-ER!

Sorry, a little n00b uforia and slight intoxication going on here. I've had three of the Centennial Blonds that seemed to be carbed up nice, and I checked the SG of the Hefe I made tonight for the first time, and damned if it didn't taste like a Hefe. Even a distinct clove flavor, which is what I was going for.

Sorry for the excitement, but I made a few batches about nine years ago that nobody could drink, so this is new. Thanks to all you guys for all the useful reading around here. :rockin::mug:

Just wanted to ad my nod in congrats to you on enjoying your re-entry into brewing. Back in the late 70s and early 80s I made wine (well, it was marginally drinkable at best) and gave up on it. Then a year ago, my youngest brother made a batch of kitbeer, and it tasted quite good. So I jumped back in, and have been enjoying fresh (as well as aged) home-brews since. Its great seeing anothers' excitement upon getting into (or back into) this great hobby

Back