Accidental long dry hop

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FordForever

Reaction score
My IPA has been fermenting for almost two months in the primary. A month ago I dry hopped it and I just haven't had a chance to bottle it. Will this be a problem?

This is my second batch any input is appreciated.

Do you have the hops in a muslin bag, or just floating around in the wort? They probably resemble rotten lettuce at this point, so I would feel a little better psychologically if they were in a bag.

Either way, I'd probably fish em out and finish the beer. Nothing to lose, and you'll know once it'd done if it's any good or not!

Actually they were pellets that dissolved almost immediately. I don't think I can fish them out. Should I bottle and hope for the best?

The worst that can happen is some folks believe that leavoing hops in a beer too long lend a "grassy" taste to the beer. It wouldn't make the beer undrinkable. Why would you think anything else would be wrong?

Back