About to be a grandma.......

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guess what?!? He's doing so well that they are planning on discharging him from the NICU tomorrow! As long as his pneumonia is gone, he is free to come home by 3 PM eastern. Which is very cool, since it's a 90 minute drive and we're in central time. So, he should be home about 3:30 or so.

I know that they have no food in their house, since they've been gone more than a week so everything is probably spoiled. But we'll be able to go over and help them get settled if they need us. And tomorrow night, Quinn will be without tubes and wires for the very first time. I'm so thrilled that he'll be able to sleep in his own crib in his own house for the first time, if we're lucky!

Guess what?!? He's doing so well that they are planning on discharging him from the NICU tomorrow! As long as his pneumonia is gone, he is free to come home by 3 PM eastern. Which is very cool, since it's a 90 minute drive and we're in central time. So, he should be home about 3:30 or so.

I know that they have no food in their house, since they've been gone more than a week so everything is probably spoiled. But we'll be able to go over and help them get settled if they need us. And tomorrow night, Quinn will be without tubes and wires for the very first time. I'm so thrilled that he'll be able to sleep in his own crib in his own house for the first time, if we're lucky!

I've been on facebook too much, I was looking for the "Like" button. I'd be clicking on it of there was one here.

As for the food, go grocery shopping for them. They'll need it, especially Mom, if she's breast feeding.

I've been on facebook too much, I was looking for the "Like" button. I'd be clicking on it of there was one here.

As for the food, go grocery shopping for them. They'll need it, especially Mom, if she's breast feeding.

Oh, I want to! But Tara said that she really wants to go herself. She received some grocery store gift cards as a gift, and I think she wants to take Quinn to the store (her fiance is a manager at that store). But I'll be happy to do anything they need, and have offered. She said that she'll call me when she knows what she may need from us. I'm so glad they only live about a mile from me, so I can be there when they need me.

Just now tuning in after being on vacation this past week and brewing today. Glad I got to tune in to the happy ending. Hope he came home today. Handsome little guy there.

that part is hilarious! sleep, crib. ha! at least grandma gets to miss out on the midnight theater about to go down. :fro:

Back