A week in the bottle!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nevinsp

Reaction score
My first batch of Belgian Ale, single fermentation, has been in the bottle for a week now. I decided to open one up and check it out. I have to say it was pretty darn good! Color, Taste, carbonation... Now i have to want a few more weeks! I think in the mean time, i'll start a batch of Irish Red! BREW ON!

My first batch of Belgian Ale, single fermentation, has been in the bottle for a week now. I decided to open one up and check it out. I have to say it was pretty darn good! Color, Taste, carbonation... Now i have to want a few more weeks! I think in the mean time, i'll start a batch of Irish Red! BREW ON!

That's a good idea to start the Irish Red, and the porter and the stout and the wheat beer and...:D

Darker beers take more time to mature so getting more than one kind of beer in bottles will allow you to drink your beer while waiting for the dark ones.

Finished brewing the Irish Red! Just waiting for some action in the fermenter now! 5 gallon batch in a 6.5 fermenter. Hopefully I won't get any blowoff! My Belgian ale was pretty aggressive!

If you can keep your ferment temps in the mid-60's,it usually won't need a blow off,ime. And Irish red goes great with pit bbq'd ribs to me! I've been thinking about brewing a red with WL029 Kolsh yeast myself. It'd have some lager-like qualities then.

Finished brewing the Irish Red! Just waiting for some action in the fermenter now! 5 gallon batch in a 6.5 fermenter. Hopefully I won't get any blowoff! My Belgian ale was pretty aggressive!

I'm glad you finally got that Irish Red started. Have you started on the porter yet? :D

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1392499999.132887.jpgbottled the Irish red today! Looks
Nice and clear!

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Just made a Irish red a couple months back. Its a great simple beer to drink. Brew on!

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Home Brew mobile app

Good to hear another success story. I just sampled my ginger wheat last night after one week in bottle and it isn't there yet. Undercarbed to say the least. Oh well, I have plenty of scottish heavy and hoppy pale ale to keep me busy in the mean time.

Nice and clear!
I don't think the cold crash worked, there seems to be some logos floating in there. :p

YES!!!

Enjoy it :D, the porter I made is being enjoyed by all my friends, which is the best.

Back