A Turkey Day Save

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cimerian

Reaction score
Just a little story of how a walmart cashier saved my thanksgiving. I was going to fry my first turkey this thanksgiving. Well my mother in law decides well since I am frying one she will not bake one so my bird will be the only bird for the feast. I know squat about frying a turkey so I'm a bit nervous. Wednesday I stopped by walmart to buy oil for the fry but being stupid I got vegetable oil and not peanut oil. I went to check out in the 20 items or less lane which had a young kid running the register. Some jerk runs and jumps right in front of me. His girlfriend looked embarrassed and told me she was sorry. No worries I just switched to a different lane. The lady cashier looked at what I was buying and asked if I was frying a turkey. When I said yes she told me how I had picked the wrong oil and needed peanut oil. So basically the moral of the story is I was cussing the one guy originally but he really saved my butt by jumping in front of me like that. You get what is coming to you. I fired off a little email to walmart suggesting they give her a raise.

You could have done one turkey with vegetable oil no problem. Peanut is best for doing multiple things or saving the oil

I doubt if Jim, Alice, or Robson Walton would give a damn about some cashier These are people who did nothing in life but inherit a buisness.Nice gesture though.

That's awesome to hear stuff like that. I don't shop at my local wal-mart for several reasons, one of which is that the employees give me the impression that they sincerely don't care about the customer at all. I really hope that cashier has higher aspirations in life and comes to realize them in short order. It sounds like she deserves it.

Latest posts

Back