A spreadsheet calculator for making and using Calcium Chloride Wt./Vol Solutions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Silver_Is_Money

Larry Sayre, Developer of 'Mash Made Easy'
Reaction score
A spreadsheet calculator to assist you in first fabricating a solution of CaCl2 and then computing CaCl2 delivery volumes and ppm Ca++ plus Cl- ion ppm's delivered. The only reliable way to stabilize and thereby know your CaCl2's (otherwise moving target) concentration is to make a solution from it and measure its specific gravity (S.G.).

Download at the Google Drive link seen below (by pressing the "down arrow" seen next to the printer icon in the upper right hand corner) and then launch and run in Excel or LibreOffice Calc.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1t0u2HwbnMi56avaygOXFTW15dO5_l0oy/view?usp=sharing

Solid spreadsheet. I just tested my CaCl2 for the first time even though I've been brewing almost 10 years. Turns out I was using the anhydrous setting, but my CaCl2 is only 63% so I've been under dosing by almost 40%. Guess I'll be making the solution and using that from now on.

Back