A question regarding TONSA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Meadini

Reaction score
Hello alll I’m a long time visitor but this is my first post.
After plenty of searching I finally found a local source for honey! I’ve had several lbs. of bananas and strawberries in my freezer for quite a while now so of course I wasted no time making a melomel.
The tonsa guidelines said to add my nurse at 24,48 and 72 hours and again at 1/3 sugar break. My OG was 1.095 and 3 days later it’s sitting at 1.050 so should I skip the fourth nutrient addition since it already blew past the 1/3 sugar break, or should I go ahead and add it tomorrow?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 5
dmtaylor, I respect you man, but my mead got way better when I started doing the TONSA thing....to the OP, I'd skip the 4th addition if it seems to be fermenting like it should. BUT if you decide to chuck it in, your mead will probably be fine.

Thank you both for your quick replies. I appreciate that. I will take your advice and let it be!

Latest posts

Back