A new frontier in keg design- Plastic

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, been there done that, there was a thread about it last week....:D
Sorry about the double post. We are slightly behind the times here in Vermont. :p
Funny thing is I searched twice ont this and came up with nothing, yet another example that the search function on this site sub par.

+1 for being interested in these things. Please keep us updaqted if you do get pricing about these guys.

i just called and they are 65 a piece for the 20l and 55 a piece for the 10 liter but i think you have to buy atleast 10 the more you buy the vheaper they get i do know that and also i had a really hard time understanding the guy he has a very thick accent

Sorry about the double post. We are slightly behind the times here in Vermont. :p
Funny thing is I searched twice ont this and came up with nothing, yet another example that the search function on this site sub par.

That's funny, I typed in plastic keg into a titles only search and the other thread popped right up.:rolleyes:

ok so say i decided to go this route how do you fill a keg with a sanke tap on it and how do you carb the beer im really confused about how exactly sanke's work

i just called and they are 65 a piece for the 20l and 55 a piece for the 10 liter but i think you have to buy atleast 10 the more you buy the vheaper they get i do know that and also i had a really hard time understanding the guy he has a very thick accent

The 20l versions do seem to have many advantages over the cornys used by many brewers however the 10l looks to be about half the cost of a 3gal corny. The problem is how do you clean and fill a sanke keg? If you could extract the valve and spear it shouldn't be too difficult but it appears you need a special tool to do that. A little research found that the tool costs about $250 and is only available to registered breweries.

If any one has a better solution then I would be interested in getting some of these kegs. It would be nice if the kegs fit in a common compact fridge and 10l would be a nice size to take to parties or picnics.

Craig

The special tool is a seal pic. On SS sankes removal of the valve and spear is easy enough. It's held in by a 720*clip and then is twistlocked into the keg. I would need to see a keg or a close up pic of the valve to determine if it opens the same. Would you like my address so you can ship me one?:D

BUMP!

I E-mailed them today to see if they are building a ball lock version.
NO RESPONSE YET!

nope, spoke with the VP of something, and he said no-go on any corny sales. i tried to explain the market in regards to us homebrewers but he wasnt buying it.

It kind of bugs me the way they pitch their kegs as being more environmentally friendly than SS on the basis that they can be recycled instead of reused.

Now I'm no environmentalist, but I think I have a pretty good reckoning of the difference in energy costs between those two options.

It kind of bugs me the way they pitch their kegs as being more environmentally friendly than SS on the basis that they can be recycled instead of reused.

Now I'm no environmentalist, but I think I have a pretty good reckoning of the difference in energy costs between those two options.

It's not as though one would find ANY SS keg rotting in a landfill. If it's not useable as a keggle (after it's been decommissioned), it's certainly worth the value of the scrap which will be recycled.

Back