A good "dinner beer"

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leftyguitarjoe

Reaction score
i need a nice beer to pair with my st. patrick's day dinner. I've already decided I'm getting Lindemans Framboise lambic (for the lady friend and I) and I want something almost like a wine. I'm thinking a Dogfish Head Fort.

I tried it a few days ago. I actually just got a sample pour at timothys and couldn't even finish that couple ounces.

Well thats not to say you wont like it though. I just thought it was sickenly sweet and very fruity.
You work at stateline don't you? I think I remember talking to you before about that. You probably get a decent discount so it might not be too much of a waste if you don't like it.

Working at state line gives me access to a huge selection.... at no discount haha.

Ah hell, I'll go for it. Thanks for the input!

ah!! I just noticed you're from Newark!! thats seconds away from me hahaha

Yea, I spend way to much time and money in state line. You live in Elkton? That sucks about discounts though.

I know a couple people that used to live back there. I grew up in Elkton (don't like to admit it though). You work tomorrow night or Sat morning? I will probably be in there one of those two?

Something rich, malty and sip-able.

A nice Belgian Dubbel is fruity, bubbly, but very drinkable.

Flavorful enough that you can make a 22 ounce bomber last 30-45 minutes, but easy drinking enough that you can down two good "glugs" after a bite of rich food to wash things down.

I would be there around 7 tomorrow night or when they open on Saturday. Oh well. I spend enough time in there that I am sure we will run into each other at some point. Hell we probably already have.

Something rich, malty and sip-able.

A nice Belgian Dubbel is fruity, bubbly, but very drinkable.

Flavorful enough that you can make a 22 ounce bomber last 30-45 minutes, but easy drinking enough that you can down two good "glugs" after a bite of rich food to wash things down.

I like your thinking:mug:

Allagash makes some good Belgian styles.

or maybe....

I can get an actual belgian hahaha

I would be there around 7 tomorrow night or when they open on Saturday. Oh well. I spend enough time in there that I am sure we will run into each other at some point. Hell we probably already have.

hahaha yeah

Just be on the lookout for the really really blond dude with glasses and a beard.

I second BM's recommendation for a Dubbel, although something like a Belhaven Wee Heavy would fit the bill as well for the brisket that I imagine is on the menu for Tuesday.

For Dubbels: try Westmalle, Corsendonk, Chimay Red, Ommegang Abbey, in that order.

Back