A gift of Maris otter and 3 types of hops, help recipe

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flipfloptan

Reaction score
A sales rep who calls on my company surprised me with nine pounds of Maris otter and simcoe,Columbus and Styrian gold hops.

I'm thinking a SMaSh recipe or simple pale ale. Which hop(s) would you all choose? My yeast will be s05 yeast cake leftover from yoopers house pale ale I kegged on Saturday

bitter with columbus, flavor/aroma with simcoe, perhaps. Should make a good pale ale. Styrian Goldings are tasty and will lend a more english style, but I'm guessing they would get pretty lost if you paired them with the simcoe.

I did a smash with styrian goldings and golden promise. I like it quite a bit, so I vote goldings

Oh yeah. M.o. and stryian goldings equals styrian stunner. Took 1st in the 1st round of the nhc a few times with that combo.

good to hear ender.

since styrian isn't a bitter hop and wife likes hop taste better than bitter here is my thought on a recipe.

9# maris otter
1oz styrian 30 minutes
1oz styrian 15 minutes

yeast is washed harvested s05 from yoopers pale ale kegged last week

og 1.051 fg 1.013 ibu 15.1 not bitter but should be tasty.

any critique is welcomed.

I have an ounce of sorachi ace sitting in the freezer. thinking about adding.

I put the recipe I did over in jimsbeerkit.co.uk Its on the 2nd page I think , of the prize winner sticky. Big thing is using wy1469. Makes a great ord bitter

Back