A/C went out a few hours after I kegged...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

damrass

Reaction score
...and the temperature inside where the beer sat was at ~90 degrees F for about 3 days. I was able to bring over a window A/C I had in storage yesterday. I'm curious (not worried) as to how this will affect the beer.

Also I should mention that I am priming, not force carbing.

...and the temperature inside where the beer sat was at ~90 degrees F for about 3 days. I was able to bring over a window A/C I had in storage yesterday. I'm curious (not worried) as to how this will affect the beer.

Also I should mention that I am priming, not force carbing.

I would guess (and could be way off) that you might have some esters (Fruity Taste/Smell) that was not present previously. You are correct not to be worried, should probably taste just fine.

I would guess (and could be way off) that you might have some esters (Fruity Taste/Smell) that was not present previously. You are correct not to be worried, should probably taste just fine.

No no no.

Esters are really only produced in the initial stage of fermentation. You're basically heating the yeast to the point of where they're going to go pretty crazy. It shouldn't be a huge problem in a keg. The pressure won't build up enough in there to make it dangerous like a bottle.

I would just keep it back in the cool place you had it in before and then not worry about it. It will be fine.

Not too much is being done by the yeast during the conditioning period, not much sugar for them to process, so as long as they are still awake and working, I don't think you will have any problems. The heat may have stressed the yeast out, but I think it will be fine.

No no no.

Esters are really only produced in the initial stage of fermentation. You're basically heating the yeast to the point of where they're going to go pretty crazy. It shouldn't be a huge problem in a keg. The pressure won't build up enough in there to make it dangerous like a bottle.

I would just keep it back in the cool place you had it in before and then not worry about it. It will be fine.

I understand this, but he primed (my assumption would be Corn Sugar), giving the yeasties some more to feast on. Hence my guess an off flavor might be produced.

I understand this, but he primed (my assumption would be Corn Sugar), giving the yeasties some more to feast on. Hence my guess an off flavor might be produced.

Right. And they'll feast but the amount of sugar in relation to the amount they start with is nothing. Also, the bad esters you are talking about are really only an issue in the beginning stages of fermentation. I am not 100% certain of the science behind that yet, but I assure you I am a good parrot.

Back