a 90 degree angle airlock/blowoff

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

metaltim

Reaction score
I have a homemade ferm. chamber, and while my ail pale fits perfect with airlock, with about 1" to spare.. unfortunately my 5 gal. better bottle is a little taller, and it plain won't fit if I use a stopper and airlock, so I use stopper and blowoff, but coming out of stopper, the blowoff tube immediately goes horizontal.. almost pinching the tube.. it works, but i'm looking for an alternative.

If i had a full size blowoff tube (one that takes up the whole better bottle opening), but coming out of top of BB would be 90 deg. elbow piece, then blowoff tube connect to that, horizontally.
That's what I'm imagining, and should work.. is there something like this? I guess i could just buy the tubing from home depot.. just curious if anyone else has this kind of setup.

i guess pvc can be used?

How about a stopper with a hole drilled in it and then a then some tubing and a 90 degree bend copper or SS tube from the hardware store?

If you go to the hardware store, they sell 90 degree connectors made for using with airline tubing. Rig up one of these straight to the bung and then the airline tubing to that and you should have no more problems.

0706.jpg

http://savko.com/partlist.asp?pgid=3&ptid=12&pid=50&part=0706002

probably have one that will fit at HD/Lowes.

Don't you guys walk through every store (grocery, hardware, aquarium,) looking at things going "I could use that in my brewery..."?

B

Latest posts

Back