8 tap keezer build

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very nice, almost exactly what I want to do! You said troubleshooting some - what are you having issues with? That wood/stain combo looks nice! Is the stain this? and the wood something like this?

Very nice, almost exactly what I want to do! You said troubleshooting some - what are you having issues with? That wood/stain combo looks nice! Is the stain this? and the wood something like this?

Yep. That is the stain and the wood (except I used 1x10 poplar) so I could fit ball locks over the compressor. Then I did one layer of polycrylic over top. No real issues outside of just little mistakes. Figuring out line length, had a bunch of kegs freeze because my temp probe in jar wasn't working well because I didn't have circulation but works better now that I put some fans in, was missing a couple couplers that I had to order too. Otherwise works great. Feel free to ask any specific questions and happy to help

Yep. That is the stain and the wood (except I used 1x10 poplar) so I could fit ball locks over the compressor. Then I did one layer of polycrylic over top. No real issues outside of just little mistakes. Figuring out line length, had a bunch of kegs freeze because my temp probe in jar wasn't working well because I didn't have circulation but works better now that I put some fans in, was missing a couple couplers that I had to order too. Otherwise works great. Feel free to ask any specific questions and happy to help
Thanks! A few more :)

Do you have any issues with condensation and/or foaming on the first pour? 1" Insulation between the boards?

Thanks! A few more :)

Do you have any issues with condensation and/or foaming on the first pour? 1" Insulation between the boards?

Sorry. Missed this. The insulation is less. I believe it was around 1/2 inch. I had to keep total thickness less than 2.5" for my 4" shanks.

I don't really have foaming issues but I use the flow control faucets to slow pour which helps.

Cheers

...had a bunch of kegs freeze because my temp probe in jar wasn't working well because I didn't have circulation but works better now that I put some fans in...

I found that putting my temp probe in a jug of water did the trick. I had read it on these forums somewhere and now my keezer keeps a more steady temperature. Additionally, it doesn't kick on just because I open the door to it. If you decide to go this route, let the water stay in the freezer for a while before putting your temp probe in it (I waited 24 hours for the water to get to keezer temp).

Album

Mostly done. Still troubleshooting some and filling my kegs. Want to install a computer fan as well. Maybe work on the outside some but want to keep it pretty minimalist.

Can I ask where you sourced the LUKR side pulls? I'm looking for one and the source I've found is Draft Choice. Do you have a preference on the 2 models you have? I prefer the look of the one you have mounted to the right on your keezer but want to make sure that if I'm spending $300 on a single tap that I'm getting the best performance as well. Thanks!

Back