7.0 Cu ft insignia freezer - $190 @ BB

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you know the inside dimensions? I ferment in a 1/4 barrel sankey keg and seem to always be just a little to big for the 7.0 Cu Ft.

Wow and most stores around here even have at least one in stock.
Do you know the inside dimensions? I ferment in a 1/4 barrel sankey keg and seem to always be just a little to big for the 7.0 Cu Ft.

I can try to measure ours which we use as a freezer (I know, weird) at lunch but it will be tough to get the hump dimensions. What's the usual limiting factor for you?

Keg diameter is about 16.5 inches. If it doesn't fit in the deeper part of the freezer because of the hump then the keg has to be raised to hump level and there has to be at least 18 inches from hump to the top for it to fit.

That's what I built my unit on and it has been working perfectly for years

I keep 3 kegs on the floor and a keg and 5lb co2 tank on the shelf
3 on tap and a spare ready to go is how I have it set up

Keg diameter is about 16.5 inches. If it doesn't fit in the deeper part of the freezer because of the hump then the keg has to be raised to hump level and there has to be at least 18 inches from hump to the top for it to fit.
The Frigidaire 7.2 c/f chest freezer has the clearance you are looking for. The inside dimension is 16 3/4" from front to back and 20 1/2" wide at the hump. I use a FermZilla and had a similar problem with the diameter of the stand.
I bought it for $200 on Amazon (delivered) 4 months ago, but that particular deal isn't around anymore. I haven't looked but you may find it elsewhere for a similar price.

Back