6 or 8 product Cold Plate?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VikeMan

It ain't all burritos and strippers, my friend.
Reaction score
Anyone using a 6 or 8 product cold plate (in a jockey box) for festivals? If so, where did you get it, how do you like it, etc. TIA!

Last edited:
I don't own one, but I have used my club jockey box that has a four port cold plate. I think they are fantastic in that the cooler still has some room in it for other things along with the ice. I looked at building one for myself and I would pick the plate over the coil style just for that reason.

As you have probably seen, the plates are hard to find.

Here's a few places I have seen them sold at;
Rapids Wholesale
Ebay (new and used)
MoreBeer

Did you ever find a big plate and where did you get it?
Our club has a single 6 or maybe it's an 8, works great. Liked it so much, I built one for an Oktoberfest festival last week, but I used 3 separate 2-port plates worked great.
However after using it Saturday, I'd like to go to a single plate. It was hard to dump the ice and manage the three plates while doing so.

Attachments

• 20230929_205126.jpg
    20230929_205126.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
Did you ever find a big plate and where did you get it?

We ended up using three 2-product plates, which worked out very well. Our "jockey box" is a little different from most. It's a full sized (more or less) wooden coffin. So, inside we use a large tote to hold the plates and ice. I was concerned that there wouldn't be enough insulation, but one load of ice was enough (without replenishing) for a 4-plus hour brewfest where the high temp was about 92F. I should note that the kegs were also kept in ice tubs.

You can see the tote in this pic. (Coffin lid was off during setup.)
IBgCtSt.jpg

Back