5L Mini Kegs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wnylaxfan18

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I know everyone would say to go to kegging however I don't have the fridge or the room to do it so im looking into other options. I noticed at my LHBS that they sold 5L mini kegs and was wondering what everyone's feedback has been? Im looking to bottle a Paulaner Hefe-Weizen Clone tomorrow and trying to think of the best way without taking up the same amt of room as bottles.

Thanks

I was thinking about the same thing and decided that going with the 2.5/3 gallon keg worked better for me.

But you can also look into party pigs too.

I don't have any experience with kegging yet but just wanted to mention that from what I've read about those minikegs they don't last that long before seams start getting rusty. That's why they are rated for only so many uses.

Thanks for the feedback everyone. I actually just went with the 22oz bottles instead, saves almost half the space as normal bottles so we shall see how it goes.

I like to buy beer in them from my LHBS and then mini-keg into them -- allows me to use a paint-ball tank to serve from my kitchen fridge (haven't built the keg-fridge yet)

Since they come with been in 'em, it's like they're free!

Back