• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Connecticut 55 gallon drum brewery

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doublebird

Reaction score
I have two 55 gallon drums (previously used for soda syrup). One set up as a boil kettle the other a mash tun. Each kettle has a 1" ball valve and one is set up with a Fermentap thermometer. The false bottom was custom made by morebeeer and works fine for a mash tun. I would like to sell them as a pair. Cash only must pick up $650
Mike

IMG_5803.jpg

For the Mash I had it insulated with a hot water heater wrap and a herms system. By recirculating I was able to keep a good temp considering the size of the grain bill helped keep it constant. The boil kettle I used a 300,000 btu burner hooked up to a propane tank. It might have been over kill but it made it easier to get all temp up quickly. I had to crank it way down when doing 40 gallon batches in it, easy to keep a rolling boil.

they are welded 1" Male and I have 1" ball valves screwed on. All the work was done by Morebeer I bought the tanks and had them shipped there to be turned into brewkettles.

Wow!!! Outgrown? That's great wondering what you guys will be getting into next.

After thinking about these last night I came to the conclusion that the 1 inch ball valves just won't work for me. Good luck with your sale

I am not sure what that means "won't work" I had adapters for clover clamps, or you can use reducers to use 1/2" ball valves. What are you trying to do?

eksf26,
Does that help? A king cooker would work as it already has a built in stand. It just might take a bit longer to heat up.

I am reposting. I had a couple of interested parties but but nothing became final. Perfect for large brew club!

Latest posts

Back