• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Massachusetts 50ft 1/2" double coil HERMS HEX or possibly immersion chiller

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sar_dog_1

Reaction score
I have a ~50FT 1/2" COPPER double coil chiller. the ends are left open so buyer can adapt fittings for their specific system. I built this to use as a HERM coil but i have decided to go the BIAB method. which is a little sad because I am very proud at the job i did on this unit. You cant see it from the pic, but the inlet side is offset on the bottom by about 30 deg. (not actually measured.)

If some 90 deg fittings and some copper pipe were brazed, I think this would make an increadable (although untested) immersion chiller.

Like i said, it is ~50ft with the majority of the tubing on the outer coil. I didnt measure the leanth of each coil but probably 30ft and 20 ft.

please feel free to ask any questions.

I have listed it on E-bay before i remembered this thread so I have linked to the ebay site. This may be a good thing as it will protect both the buyer and seller from fraud.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=201137378374

Lot of people lookin and no comments. Is this priced to high? I will take a reasonable best offer. The price of copper alone is almost the price of the hex.

A lot of people (me included) are probably viewing the listing thinking it's a stainless HERMS coil, then they realize it's copper so they leave without replying. If you want to hit your target market, put "copper" somewhere in your title ;).

Back