50A Panel Wiring Check

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RedRyderr

Reaction score
@doug293cz - Before I get too head over heels into this, are there any issues with this diagram (copied from another post on this forum). Not labeled on the diagram, but I'm assuming 6AWG for the larger feed wires. Also, is the CN-PBC402-120V contactor acceptable? (spec'd for 50A resistive SMPS load, so I assume OK for this purpose?)

Any other concerns or cautions with this approach??

Thanks!!

doug293czDSPR300 2 Pump 2 Element 50A.jpg

Yes fattest wires are 6AWG. The 402 contactor should be sufficient, but you can substitute a higher current rating contactor if you want some overrating on the specs. The power feeds to both element enable contactor coils should be rerouted to come after the 1A fuse that feeds power to the DSPR's.

Also, I've reworked the wiring for the "Safe Start" functionality, and highly recommend using the newer version. The drawing below shows the improved safe start wiring. The change is subtle, so if you need help figuring out what's different, or how to implement it in the above design, let me know.

DSPR300 2-Pump 1-Element 240V rev-2.PNG

Brew on :mug:

Awesome, thanks for the info! Makes sense, moving the contactor coil feed wires gives them fused protection and I see the change to the interlock circuit. Shouldn't be a problem to adapt those changes to the first drawing.

Back