50 beers from 50 states

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree with the Illinois entry, provided it's only regular releases. Otherwise, Double is obviously better than single.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Home Brew mobile app

The listed NY favorite is not available where I live, so not sure.
My vote is Southern Tier 2X IPA

Thanks for sharing. I agree with several of them on the list. I haven tried the vote for Texas yet (RU55). I will definitely have to look for it at the beer store.

Wild Huckleberry from Great Northern for Montana.... Bleh. Moose Drool would have been a better choice, but even Moose Drool I dont care for.

WI is WAY off IMO. That beer tastes like every batch of infected homebrew I have tasted.

Thanks for sharing. I agree with several of them on the list. I haven tried the vote for Texas yet (RU55). I will definitely have to look for it at the beer store.

Probably not going to find it at the beer store. Brewery only.

Surprised they didn't go with Atrial from JK though...

I found their raspberry tart delicious

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Home Brew mobile app

I found their raspberry tart delicious

I am not saying they make bad beers. I will drink 95% of their stuff. I actually could have seen the Tart or Serendipity over the Wild Sour. I am surprised that Black Top was not the one chosen as it won GABF a few years ago.

I also think that NG is over hyped/rated but that is me. We have SO MANY great breweries in this state that make great beers it is tough to narrow it down to just 1 beer.

Yeah I can't agree with the WI pick either. If its New Glarus, Id have to go with Moon Man.

Sent from my DROID4 using Home Brew mobile app

Can't argue too badly for Surly Abrasive in the MN entry, its good stuff. I would have gone Furious then Bender from the same brewery. Also lots of other great breweries here, but they seem to gravitate towards some of the more famous ones.

Can't argue too badly for Surly Abrasive in the MN entry, its good stuff. I would have gone Furious then Bender from the same brewery. Also lots of other great breweries here, but they seem to gravitate towards some of the more famous ones.

I love Bender, but every beer i've had from Surly is ridiculously good. Too bad I can only get them when my buddy visits from MN :-/

My iPhone doesn't like this site, will have to check it at home later!
This may help. I was okay on my iPad, wouldn't dare on my iPhone. This breaks it up but it is still a site that is probably best on a desktop.
http://www.seriouseats.com/maps/best-beers-usa-craft-beer-in-every-state#states

NC is hard to deny. First Frost it pretty damn delicious. In fact, I have one bottle (I had two) and I'm hoarding it. It's not brewery only nowadays, which is nice.

There are now beers I would love to try but I would love to know whether they're shelf beers or not.

Abrasive is my favorite IIPA. Excellent choice for MN! I would argue that it is better than Pliny, Hopslam and Dogfish 90 min. As far as IIPA's go. I LOVE Surly!

I also think that NG is over hyped/rated but that is me. We have SO MANY great breweries in this state that make great beers it is tough to narrow it down to just 1 beer.

Yeah that seems to be the case for most states. In mine, I'd Def pick Jai Alai over Tocobaga Red between the two. But, that's what everyone picks.

I think the list was also going for beers not everyone heard of. You create a top list and everyone is going to disagree. It does make me want to taste what's going on at the breweries in NC/SC.

Pretty impressed with some of the picks...the list will cause a lot of uproar but its well done. Hoponius from MA is a decent pick but some of the more limited local brews could challenge it. Heady from VT was an eye roll though. Really, with Hill Farmstead and Lawsons in the same state?!?!?!

Smutty's scotch from NH is also strange, its not even Smutty's best beer!!! Not bad, but not the best

Wyoming's best beer is Snake River Pako's IPA. I don't understand how Zonker is on there.

Was cool to review, will have to set goals to branch out & try some different stuff! Also get to the place within my own state... I have had the MA and MI beers at least!

That's cool that boundry bay from bellingham made it for Washington. I use to live out there in the late 90's and drink their beer a lot. Not shure if they had an ipa then though or not as I was new to styles then but I do remember liking the esb and ol bounder a lot. I had to be "in the mood" if I wanted a full on stout too and Im still kinda like that these days with the darkest beers.
Never had Topling Golieth from my state yet but heard good things about them and they sound like they know beer, as far as the rest of IA stuff I would say most of it is average with a few exceptions. So even without having it I would say yes its probably the best brewery in IA. Now if I could just find that beer but would have to do some traveling to get it.

i think for Iowa psuedoSue would have been a better choice, this comes without having tried the stout tho.

Indiana is fairly spot on. ZD is the best smelling beer ever. I'm not so sure that it's my fav from FFF though

I agree...its really really good but not my favorite...I tend to prefer their Arctic Panzer Wolf...and maybe Apocalypse Cow but that's just me

i think for Iowa psuedoSue would have been a better choice, this comes without having tried the stout tho.

Yeah..... I agree. I can sit and drink 5 Sue's no problem. The stout is great as a "sample", even sipping a small glass. But No way can I drink a pint of it, or even a half pint for that matter. Just too much..... too overpowering. I feel the same about all beers like that though. They are cool to sample.... but after that - not so much.

I'd agree with MI as well. Two Hearted is just a very well made beer. I'd give an honorable mention to Short's Good Humans (not sure if this is a regular release, but I feel like I see it all the time), primarily because they do not distribute outside of Michigan.

I agree...its really really good but not my favorite...I tend to prefer their Arctic Panzer Wolf...and maybe Apocalypse Cow but that's just me

I agree, APW is awesome. I think my favorite one from FFF that is a regular brew is Robert the Bruce. I have a clone waiting to be kegged right now as we speak. We'll see how it comes out hahaha

Oregon I largely disagree with. I would have to say that either Boneyard Brewing's RPM IPA or Hop Venom IPA are the best. Also, they make a red called Diablo Rojo that is insanely good. Course, everyone has different pallates.

Also, hit the nail on the head with CA being the Pliny the Elder. One of the best IPA's I've ever had...period.

Also, Lagunitas IPA and Bear Creek Brewing Racer 5 are amazing beers. Both in the same region as Russian River Brewing.

Latest posts

Back