5 or 10 gallon mash tun?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmm, mine doesn't leak at all. I would make sure you have the O ring placed correctly and make sure the bolt that presses against it is facing the correct way - it has a round cutout on one side and is flat on the other. Also tighten till it's nice and snug but don't Mr.T it.

Rev.

I put the small O ring on the inside followed by the 2 washers, then on the outside I put the cutout side of the lock nut facing the larger O ring with the flat side of the lock nut facing the valve. Does this sound correct? Any ideas on how to fix my slow leak?

Sounds correct. Sorry I don't have any other suggestions. Call NB or whoever you bought it from, they should be able to assist.

Rev.

Update...I swapped the position of the washers ; large inside and small outside. Seven gallons of cold water and so far no leaks! Its been 5min. Think this is ok to do?

Washers or the O-rings? If it's working I guess you're clear. But one thing I forgot to ask... you did use teflon tape as recommended yes? If not watch the nothernbrewer mash tun video

DELUXE ALL GRAIN SYSTEM - YouTube

Rev.

Hey Rev. Thanks for all the help! The washers are still on the inside, I just swapped the position of the O-rings. Everything is wrapped in teflon tape.

It looks as though my spigot hole might be a wee bit larger which might explain why the bigger O-ring helps it seal up on the inside.

If it held 8 gallons of cold water for about 20 mins with no leaks, why worry, right?

Back