48 Hour yeast flavor?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boldness

Reaction score
*skip to 'ANYWAY' if you don't care*

Hey y'all. I'm a college student and after my friends found out that I brew, I've been fighting an uphill battle. It seems that no matter the flavor profile or what I'm brewing or my efforts, they consume indiscriminately with fervor.

I stopped bothering brewing beer for them: they just switch to PBR, bud, etc. when I'm out--frustrating at best to not be appreciated for my hard work!!! I mean, they do appreciate, but not appreciate. They appreciate that there's alcohol in it :l

ANYWAY

What does 48 hour yeast that I've heard distillers use, taste like?

If I have a batch of cider with a high OG, does it really finish in 48 hours??

I'm assuming it would be a nasty concoction, but I have a mind to pour it down their throats all the same.
Thoughts?

First off, tell the ingrates to go fu... Uh, I mean tell them to perform a particular activity that is anatomically impossible.

Then get someplace where you can lock up your homebrew. Your hard work, share it with people who appreciate it and WHO BRING YOU GOOD BEER IN RETURN.

I wish I could answer your questions. But I say just brew it and feed it to them as an experiment. If it goes amiss, add some fruit juice or something when serving and pass it off as a wine cooler or jungle juice.

:D a friend of mine thinks it's gonna taste like jet fuel. Also, suggested a recipe as punishment:

1 lb of kool-aid per gallon
turbo yeast.

Commence digestive hell.

Thanks for the supportive ideas, guys!!

Latest posts

Back