• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

425 Perlick Faucets

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timmber

Reaction score
Looking for 5, 425SS Perlick Faucets
if possible. Would accept the plastic tip or SS tip.
Cheers

Have any luck with these? I have two 425SS and I'd like a third, but they're hard to come by (I'd like them to match). Chi has had some less than stellar reviews.

Still keeping an eye out there for someone who has some 425SS Perlicks that they are willing to part with.

I have 2 425SS's that I'm considering selling. I would really rather have 2 more but that seems unlikely. Let me think about it for a couple of days and I'll get back to you.

I'm like you guys it seems, and just want one more to go with the two that I have (building my keezer now finally, I bought the faucets a few years ago when they were being phased out and replaced by the 525s, I liked the 425s better, they seemed better built). So, I have two still new in the box. But I don't want to part with them. This morning, I went ahead and ordered a single ventmatic from Chi (I found on another site that they're the only authorized seller of these right now). I'm a little nervous about this company because of the reviews, but I figured $44, I'd risk it. I'll post up some pics if you don't mind, on this thread, comparing the two faucets (assuming it comes in). I figured I'd put the ventmatic in between the two Perlicks on my keezer and it would look OK. After using both for a while, I'll decide if there's a difference.

I'm like you guys it seems, and just want one more to go with the two that I have (building my keezer now finally, I bought the faucets a few years ago when they were being phased out and replaced by the 525s, I liked the 425s better, they seemed better built). So, I have two still new in the box. But I don't want to part with them. This morning, I went ahead and ordered a single ventmatic from Chi (I found on another site that they're the only authorized seller of these right now). I'm a little nervous about this company because of the reviews, but I figured $44, I'd risk it. I'll post up some pics if you don't mind, on this thread, comparing the two faucets (assuming it comes in). I figured I'd put the ventmatic in between the two Perlicks on my keezer and it would look OK. After using both for a while, I'll decide if there's a difference.

I had Vent matics before ended up with 12 Perlick 425's as they were my only choice. If the Vent matic came with a polished brass coat I would be all over them. My old ones were slick and smooth the Perlick's are a little boxey-square in style

If the newly manufactured Ventmatics are like the previous generation ones, then get them. They were actually a little nicer than the 425's.

Here's a side by side comparison of the two faucets.

ventmatic_425ss_faucets.jpg

As promised, I'm following up on the ventmatic. It came in today from Chi, it looks like the old ones, so I say that it is identical. One of the threaded pieces on top (sorry, don't know the technical name) feels cheaper than the Perlick, the rest feels like a good quality faucet. It is different in appearance though. It also seems to work a little harder than the Perlick, I may take it apart and reassemble just to make sure it's properly put together. I'll withhold full judgment until I mount it.
A few bad pics:

EDIT: I take back what I said about it being identical. The top threaded part of the faucet is different than the old ones, and will make a handle taller than both the Perlicks and the older Ventmatic.

photo 1.jpg

photo 2.jpg

Amy chance you could compare how they pour and let use know? I am debating on swapping all my 525ss to ventmatics.

Just swapped all my 525ss for Ventmatics. Much crisper action. No longer have to hold the handle closed for a couple seconds to ensure a seal. Very happy with them so far.

I'll think I have 2 for sale I won't be home till the weekend and will get pics for you if your still looking.

Back