4 soda kegs keggerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kristfin

Reaction score
hi all,

after having been brewing since august last year, i decided to step up to a keggerator. having brewed 30 batches, i was getting tired of bottling everyting and since my poker club has gotten hooked on the beer, it seemed like a good idea.

i convinced swmbo that it would be very economical to have home made soda water in the pantry, instead of buying those horribly expensive soda stream refils. little did she know that i would add some beer taps as well.

i aquired this fine gram fridge. it is a fridge/freezer so i can store regular food in the freezer and hops of course.

i could only fit 3 kegs in it. i needed 1/2" to fit 4 kegs. i decided to extend it by 5" to fit 4 kegs and to be able to use the shelfes in door.
btw, the co2 canister is on top just when i was testing the setup. it will be standing next to it when it goes live :)
the red tap on the right is for the bubbly water :)

IMG_9343.jpg

i decied to have the valves outside and a gauge so i could control each keg. then i can force carb one, but still serve from the others at the same time.

i made the drip tray out of brass that i had laying around.

IMG_9346.jpg

the extension is made out of plywood and i covered it with sheet metal which extends onto the fridge where it is fastened. the magnets in the door will grab the sheet metal so it works just like before. very smooth

IMG_9347.jpg

todo:
  • the thermostat in the fridge is not working properly. i have to install my own
  • need a stainless bottom with holes in it for the drip tray
  • guess it would be better to level the bottom, so the kegs would have even surface
  • clean everything before going live
  • get additional faucet so i can loose the red one :)
  • make some pretty tap handles

so, do you think i'm on the right track? can you think of any improvements

btw, the co2 canister is on top just when i was testing the setup. it will be standing next to it when it goes live :)
Even for testing I think you'll want to avoid having your tank on it's side. There is liquid CO2 in there, and you don't want that coming through the regulator.

i decied to have the valves outside and a gauge so i could control each keg. then i can force carb one, but still serve from the others at the same time.
Are you planning to shut the gas off to the "serving" kegs while you are force carbing other kegs or something?

so, do you think i'm on the right track? can you think of any improvements

Looks good to me!

Looks good...but I'm confused how you plan to force carb/dispense at the same time. I see plenty of valves, but only 1 regulator, (on your tank). The reg controls the pressure, valves only control flow...so how will you have different pressures?

Also, you said the tank location is temporary...I assume that means you know that it has to be vertical to work right, otherwise it will run liquid CO2 into your reg and kill it...

edit: aaaand Walker beat me to the punch...

the idea was that i could set 3 kegs to serving or storing pressure, shut of its valves, and force carb one. anyway it gives me some possibilities. most likely i will use the same pressure on most of the kegs and adjust with different serving tube length.

Latest posts

Back