4 out of 6 ain't bad?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nathani

Reaction score
I got 6 different rhizomes and I've planted them. I was a little late getting them in the ground (may 23rd, 2.5 weeks ago). This was probably about 2 weeks late, since I had some communication breakdown with the local rhizome supplier. The Zeus, Cascade, Mt. Hood and Sterling have all come up great. Each has several big leaves on them and are 2-4 inches tall. The Willamette and Goldings are not doing well. The Golding managed to poke through and get one tiny leaf out, but hasn't done anything since (5 days, no activity at all). The Williamette barely poked through, but didn't put out any leaves or anything. All were planted in good soil and received the same water.

Any thoughts? Should I give them some fertilizer or just wait it out. I'm only really anxious about the Willamette, the golding might be ok with it's one tiny leaf.

As you can tell, I'm not a real experienced gardener. I live in Canada, 6a climate zone.

Back