4 Head Bench-Top Style Counter Pressure Bottle Filler

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've been a long time (unregistered) lurker on this forum but never bothered contributing at all. I got this sweet bottle filler that I've designed and built all by myself :cool:.

$_12.JPG

I don't want to be a spamvertiser or anything I'm just curious about all of your input on the commercial success of such a thing if i was to sell it commercially.

Exactly how does it work? Is it just 4 counter pressure bottle fillers manifold ed together? Does each bottle need to be filled separately? How are the bottles inserted and removed?

I think a few more pictures and a video of it in operation would help.

Like the others said need more info. If you want to do a DIY on this you can get a free membership by creating an article on this with info and pictures.

A video is in the works but here is some more pics.

$_12.JPG

$_12.JPG

$_12.JPG

$_12.JPG

$_12.JPG

$_12.JPG

$_12.JPG

I ended up listing it on ebay yesterday because i'm kinda short on cash this week :rolleyes:. I'm sure it's against the rules to post a direct link to the listing but here is a copy pasta from my listing description:

4 Head Bench Top Style Counter Pressure Bottle Filler

Valved manifold allows bottles to be CO2 purged and filled individually (One bottle can be capped while the others are filling)

Full length dip tubes! With a simple wrench, Each filler tube is infinitely adjustable to fit any size bottle! (Fitting uses a nylon compression ring. Be careful not to over-tighten!)

When properly adjusted, needle valves on the blow-off tubes act as an automatic shutoff
(Needle valve makes a water tight seal while still allowing gas to escape. No need to adjust valves once desired filling speed is set!)

Sturdy toggle clamps securely hold bottles in place while filling and allow quick and simple change-out of bottles

Fill directly from kegs! Gas-in and product-in lines have standard Cornelius style fittings! (gas line will require a tee to split between the gas input on the filler and the gas input on the keg.)

So yeah, it's basically 4 standard counter pressure bottle fillers ganged together on a frame that holds the bottles and a manifold that allows the fillers to operate independently.

...When properly adjusted, needle valves on the blow-off tubes act as an automatic shutoff
(Needle valve makes a water tight seal while still allowing gas to escape. No need to adjust valves once desired filling speed is set!)

Any more info on this point? Are you saying the neddle valves won't let liquid through? or that it is basically very very slow that it is practically zero?

I'd bet there's a market for a welded aluminum or stainless stand for exisiting bottle fillers that's adjustable to accomodate various bottles.

Any more info on this point? Are you saying the neddle valves won't let liquid through? or that it is basically very very slow that it is practically zero?

My point was that with needle valves, you can dial in the back pressure much more precisely than with a ball valve or a regulator valve.

You are correct, it does let some liquid through, but it's to the point that it's practically zero. The bottle will fill up quickly until the liquid hits the needle valve, then it starts gurgling spit bubbles out of its mouth, at which point you have plenty of time to shut of the product input valve on the manifold.

At first i was puzzled by such phenomenon... but then I realized that with a needle valve it manages to seat it's self in such a way that it creates a "liquid tight seal" vs. an "airtight seal".

I'd bet there's a market for a welded aluminum or stainless stand for exisiting bottle fillers that's adjustable to accomodate various bottles.

This was my original idea... until i realized that i could make my own "FOXX" bottle fillers for much cheaper than the $60-$80 dollars they want for them these days.

Then I multiplied it by 4 ;)

Latest posts

Back