.380 pocket holster

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have the Super Fly for my LCP. The flap hides the outline better, or you can remove the flap (attached with Velcro) and then you'll pretty much have the Nemesis.

You'll love the nemesis super fly, it's superior to any other pocket holster I've seen. I use mine in business slacks and with the flap of the nemesis, it just disappears.

Thanks guys. I ordered the Super fly from Midway. I have to wear slacks as well. With it disappearing should be well worth it.

I have an LCP. I'll have to look into that SuperFly as I can't carry in my inside the waist holster with my shirt tucked in.

I have an LCP. I'll have to look into that SuperFly as I can't carry in my inside the waist holster with my shirt tucked in.
What do you have for a IWB holster? A Crossbreed Super Tuck, or a C-TAC or M-Tac allow you to tuck a shirt over the holster...

+1 for the crossbreed supertuck. Got one for my 1911 and love it

I carry a Walther PK380, and after several concealment holster purchases, I'm resorting to a shoulder holster. For whatever reason I can't find a pocket or inside the waist that conceals and isnt uncomfortable as all get out.

I wear suits all the time and carry a Beretta Tomcat in a Nemesis, I love it. The outside rubber keeps it in my pocket when I draw and the design conceals the outline of the pistol well. It pretty much looks like I've got a bulky cell phone in my pocket. All in all a handy little holster and pretty inexpensive. I'd recommend.

c_osbourn said:
Buy Glock

No... I don't naturally shoot them well. That is why I have XD's. Closer to a 1911 grip angle. Draw, fire, hit... Not so much with a Glock. But, that's just me.

As to the OP, I use a Nemesis for my LCP and it works great! When I carry my XDs IWB I use the "professional" series holster from n82tactical.com . Super comfortable...

WalMart carries the Blackhawk! for the LCP for about $10.. it is pretty nice
I also got their model for the LCR and with the smaller (brown) grip it is real nice for pocket carry.

The supertuck is nice, but I like the M-TAC better. I have several bodies for it so when I feel like carrying a different pistol I just swap bodies. Super comfortable (at least to me).

Just got my DeSantis Super Fly in. And so far I love it. Without the flap the holster wants to pull out with my CCW. But I am sure it just needs breaking in. I will see how it feels through out the next few days with different types of clothes.

I just ordered a Remora IWB/OWB holster today, but have heard great things about their pocket holsters as well. I currently carry a PT745 in a Blackhawk pocket holster, size 4, and have done so for 3 years now, without a problem, other than the holster showing a great deal of wear. I bought the Remora for my Ruger SR9, and if it lives up to everything I've heard, I'll be replacing the Blackhawk with a Remora.

Desantis holsters are second to none. I just ordered another Cozy Partner for my M&P Shield (have worn one with my M&P 40C for about 5 years... they are incredible comfortable). I've used both the nemesis and super fly for my old LCP and both work well, i just prefer IWB as opposed to pocket carry.

Yeah, $$$$

I doubt that's the only reason. Glocks are super reliable and easy to operate. They don't need to be babied, can stand up to gnarly conditions and even when neglected simply work. You don't get some of the frills that are available in other guns, but it's a workhorse.

My G21 I paid $500 bucks for goes bang every single time I pull the trigger no matter how dirty it's gotten. My $1200 Kimber likes to stovepipe at least once a box, no matter that it's never seen anything but range duty and is meticulously cleaned/cared for.

:off:

Jukas said:
I doubt that's the only reason. Glocks are super reliable and easy to operate. They don't need to be babied, can stand up to gnarly conditions and even when neglected simply work. You don't get some of the frills that are available in other guns, but it's a workhorse.

My G21 I paid $500 bucks for goes bang every single time I pull the trigger no matter how dirty it's gotten. My $1200 Kimber likes to stovepipe at least once a box, no matter that it's never seen anything but range duty and is meticulously cleaned/cared for.

Its like buying a pos car dont wanna be seen driving it but itll always get you there. That said glock is the Mr. BEER of the brewing world nice to get people into it but not where you end your journey.

Well yes and no. Yes they are reliable but they are no more reliable then a Sig or HK (or the newly added Springfield XD or SW M&P polymer series)... HK as we know being the "original" polymer pistol.

From a LE perspective, yes they are cheap and reliable however when the FBI and most other large and reputable law enforcement agencies switched over from revolvers or other commonly used SW semi's, the idea of a simple takedown, simple repair (if needed) and very minimal maintenance proved to be key traits for their service weapons. HK and Sig had been and still remain at the top of the food chain but their price at that time made Glock more appealing to them as well as the average shooter.

So then Glock gets their first major contract, and with it came the usual onslaught of accessories and gunsmithing classes and the rest is history. But there is a reason HK and Sig are still the weapon of choice for most every branch of the US Military, including (and especially) Special Forces.

If u look at the history of Glock pistols, it very closely resembles the AK-47 for the last 60-some years as well as the AR-15 carbine for the last 30-some years. Simple, easy, recognizable and you can find replacement parts, magainzes and accessories for them EVERYWHERE. And that again all comes down to $$$. Over abundance of replacement parts made the AK the weapon of choice for governments and organizations who didn't have alot of money. Why do you see most un or semi industrialized nations using AK's as their primary rifle when there are AR-15's and HK 416's out there that can do the job just as well if not better? Since reliability is so commonplace nowadays when we thing of the most popular and common firearms, it all comes down to the cost.

c_osbourn said:
The pistol of choice in the military is not the SIG or HK, it is the Berretta M9…

+1 and as far as my knowledge goes Force Recon uses MEUSOC 1911.

Edit: No longer the standard MEUSOC 1911 but the M45 CQBP/ Colt 1911 railgun

Back