• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Ohio 35 gallon SS cone bottom Mash Tun

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

McRoth

Reaction score
I'm selling a 35 gallon stainless mash Tun with a cone bottom. 24" diameter and about 18"deep. It comes with a false bottom. It has 3 1 1/4 NPT welded in fittings, one on the bottom and two on the side. It has a lid, but someone had cut a huge square hole in it. I've been trying to weld a sheet in to seal it up but my sheet welding skills suck so it is warped and not finished. Buyer can take it if they'd like.
Looking for $350 obo. Local pickup in Grafton, OH. Too big to ship, only freight. I'll put it on a pallet if the buyer sets up shipping.

1412206848845.jpg

1412206866040.jpg

1412206880132.jpg

1412206894818.jpg

I may be interested in this! Let me see if I can swing it in my monthly budget and I'll get back to you. It should would be nice to step up my batch size!

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Have you been using an electric heating element?

That's what it was set up for. I was thinking I could put one in the bottom hole to bring the water up to temp. The top one just needs plugged unless you want to use it for a HERMS or RIS return port.

Zhubbell, it's still available, if your still interested.
I'm going to be out of town from the 17th to the 31st.

I would be real interested in this, I've watched it over the bumps but it's to far to pick up. I would think you could ship it normally and not need freight pallet shipping but I could be wrong. I'm at 54849. Does it bottom drain?

I'll try to get a weight on it and check the size limitations for ups soon.
As for the drain, it is bottom during l draining.

I live up in Avon Lake (so very close). May be interested but have some questions -
1. Can you tip it on its side and add to the post with a picture underneath?
2. Does it have a lid?
3. What are the three burns/weld looking things on the bottom (they appear to surround the false-bottom)
4. Did you ever use this? (didn’t sound like you had given your statement about the electric heating element)
5. Do you have bulkheads for any of the ports?

Thank you!

Sorry about the delays, I've had some family stuff lately.
I'll get the pics and shipping in the next day or so.
2. See above
3. They are stops for the false bottom so it doesn't move around.
4. Nope, decided it's too big go me for now.
5. No, I'm afraid not.

I would be real interested in this, I've watched it over the bumps but it's to far to pick up. I would think you could ship it normally and not need freight pallet shipping but I could be wrong. I'm at 54849. Does it bottom drain?

I just checked on ups, the weight would be ok to ship but the size is too big, it's over their 165" combined limit, sorry.

couple of questions... do you know what size brewery this came out of?
do you know the size and thread of the ports?
do you have anything else for sale other then this?
I am from the akron area and very interested.

I found it on Craigslist and added the false bottom components. After I did that I decided it wasn't what I needed, that's why I'm selling it.
All the ports are 1 1/4" NPT.
No, I don't have anything else now.

It's a long way away but if u still have it in the May june timeframe when I drive from MN to NC for a few weeks I'll take it off ur hands since u can't ship it.

Latest posts

Back