30A 2 Element 2 Pump 1 Timer diagram?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bisctboy

Reaction score
I've searched for a wiring diagram for my panel and can't seem to find what I'm looking for. I get close with a couple of PJ's diagrams but not exactly what I'm looking for. Can somebody direct me to what I need?

My panel will have:

• 2 - 5500 watt elements
  • 2 - Auber 2352 PIDS
  • 1 - Auber JSL-73A Timer
  • 2 - Wort pumps
  • 1 - 3 way element switch
  • 6 - 2 way Off/On switches (see picture below)
  • 4 - LEDS
  • 1 - Alarm/Buzzer LED for the timer

This is a mock up of what it should look like. Any direction would be greatly appreciated!

HERMS Panel.jpg

Why do you need a PID for the boil? I believe you can use the same PID running in manual mode to control the element power. Also, I don't see a reason why you'd need to know the temps in there.

That's all I got....

That's going to be a nice looking CP. If you are going with three contactors you can just adapt Kal's wiring scheme. It's not a diagram exactly, but it's easy to follow if you think of the wiring in subassemblies (i.e. element-PID-SSR-contactor, pumps and switches, alarm-PID-switches, etc)

Why do you need a PID for the boil? I believe you can use the same PID running in manual mode to control the element power. Also, I don't see a reason why you'd need to know the temps in there.

That's all I got....

You have a wiring diagram for this? I'd rather do what I originally ask for, but I haven't bought the 2nd PID yet.

One of first page of this thread, there are a couple diagrams by P-J that fit the bill. It just depends on what additional switches and other stuff are needed.

P-J has been more than helpful to so many brewers going electric (myself included), so I'd post there for diagram help.

Back