• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Iowa 300 micron Hop Filter

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

30Bones

Reaction score
Utah Biodiesel makes these slick 300 micron filters for your hops. I bought this when I had my keggle setups and used it a few times. I have since sold my keggles and also stopped bagging my hops, just let em float around. This unit is 6" diameter by 14" tall. It can be rigged to hang in the center or off the side of a kettle.

They sell for $80 new, I'd like $55 plus the ride from 52302. possible trade for an immersion chiller.

unnamed (3).jpg

I purchased an immersion chiller so this is simply for sale. If you are local and want to trade for grains, hops, yeast I am good with that.

Is there a rule-of-thumb as to how deep it should go into the wort? My pot is 17 inches, and this would be a whole lot easier to use/clean than my hop spider.

I used it in a keggle and it worked great, little more height I'd imagine but you should be just fine . I would use it now, but it would have to sit on the bottom of the kettle and I doubt that's a good idea.

If it's still around in a little while, I'll probably go for it, but I don't have the cash right now, otherwise looks great.

Looks like around 10-15 bucks to ship it. I can split it with you and send it out as soon as tomorrow provided I can find a box around the house to put it in. Thanks

It goes for 75 new. If u do 50 flat I'll take it. Not trying to shake u down so if not its cool

Hey 30, I'm in Ames, what grains etc do you want? I have a custom shop and build brew gear, anything you need? PM me if ya want.

Back