• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

California 3 Vessel All Grain System For Sale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mathew Monroe

Reaction score
Hey All,

I have a 10 gallon all grain system that I have never used for sale. I originally bought it for my dad about a year ago, but he still hasn't used it and has let me know he probably won't due to how heavy the kettles can get (ailing back).

I have a 2 tier burner, 10 gallon cooler, two 14 gallon stainless steel kettles, a couple of used corny kegs, and an unused 7.9 gallon FastFerment conical (and stand, I think). There's also a plastic sparge assembly that will go with the cooler.

I'd prefer to sell it all together, and locally, but am not set on that. If you're interested in any of it, just let me know.

Pricing:

-Kettles: $80 each / $150 for the pair
-Cooler w/ Valve & Sparge Assembly: $75
-King Kooker Burner: $100
-Kegs: $30 each / $50 for the pair (I also have a handful of other used cornies that I'd offer for the same price - let me know how many you'd be interested in)
-FastFerment: $60 (I might keep this, as I still brew occasionally)

Entire package: $400 (I'll throw in a 3rd used keg)

Again, other than the kegs, everything is brand new and hasn't been used. I am in Northern California, and can ship if you'd like, but you'll be responsible for the shipping costs. I'll accept PayPal / Money Order / Cashier's Check or cash (in person). I also could have sworn I bought him a pump & plate chiller, but couldn't find them in his garage the last time I was over there. If I find those, I'll update the post. If you're interested in either, I'll look harder :)

Attachments

• 0603171357 (1).jpg
    0603171357 (1).jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 253
  • 0603171357c.jpg
    0603171357c.jpg
    949.1 KB · Views: 197
  • 0603171357d.jpg
    0603171357d.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 220
where abouts in northern california?
How many ball lock kegs do you have? not converted pin locks..
Thanks

I'm too far away and don't need it anyway but a question.

Why is anything too heavy? Are the empty pots too heavy? The only thing I lift in my brewing is the spent grain and 5 gallons of wort in the fermenter when done. I have a 3 tier gravity system. I fill the HLT on top with a hose. It is on a turkey fryer burner and stays there. I drain from that into my mash tun. From the mash tun to the BK and from the BK into a fermenter. No heavy lifting until then. Even then, you could drain the wort into a pitcher or something and get it into the fermenter without having to move it. (Never thought of this before, I could put the fermenter into my chamber then fill it!)

The equipment is in the east bay area, kind of near Orinda / Lafayette. The other ball locks are at my house out in Concord though - I have quite a few (maybe 15?), some of which are my roommates too. I can discuss selling X amount and splitting that with them depending on how many you're interested in.

The "heavy" part that he's nervous about is the spent grain. I've brewed a couple times with him and lifting the mash tun & carrying it to the compost is something he just doesn't want to deal with. He'd prefer to just drink a bottle of craft beer and rest his back, rather than brew beer and potentially throw it out. Also, with one of these vessels being a cooler, he can't heat the strike water in there - it would have to be drained from the BK or HLT, then lifted above the BK so that he could gravity sparge after mash. A pump would certainly help, and I thought I had one for him, but couldn't find it (and am not buying him another...).

Thanks for the questions guys.

I am definitely interested in all of your ball lock kegs, none of the converted pin locks.
Please get a total count and lets talk!!

Sounds good! I'll get a count tonight and will let you know tomorrow. As I mentioned, a bunch of them are my roommates, so I'll have to run it by them. But I am assuming they're willing to get rid of at least a few of them.

Will follow up tomorrow. Thanks all!

Alright - so it looks like we have between 25-35 ball locks (not pins / converteds). They've been sitting in our side yard for close to 2 years, so would need a good cleaning, and new gaskets.

We agreed to sell each for $25 as is, or $30 with replacement gasket sets, which I'd get before hand and have ready when they'd get picked up.

We also have roughly 10 pin locks (either still pin lock, or converted to ball lock, or missing the body connects so choose your own adventure) if anyone is interested in those. $20-$25 each.

We also have a handful of 5 lb CO2 tanks that we wouldn't miss, so if anyone's looking for one/some of those, let me know. Some have gas, some are empty, but we'd just say $40 each regardless of fill level.

If you're interested, please message me and let me know. For these, I'd prefer pickup only. First come, first serve.

Cheers!

Back