3" TC with fitting on INSIDE of clamp?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neelixx

Reaction score
Does anyone know of a TC with a fitting on the inside of the clamp? I see tons of fittings on the outside, but I'm wanting to connect a 1/2" ID hose to the INSIDE of the clamp.

I have a 3" TC fitting for a SS Brew Tech Unitank. I want to pump liquid into the tank using this port. Anyone heard of a fitting? Or, other creative ideas?

Thanks!

Does anyone know of a TC with a fitting on the inside of the clamp? I see tons of fittings on the outside, but I'm wanting to connect a 1/2" ID hose to the INSIDE of the clamp.

I have a 3" TC fitting for a SS Brew Tech Unitank. I want to pump liquid into the tank using this port. Anyone heard of a fitting? Or, other creative ideas?

Thanks!
Draw me a picture. I'll take a look.

Cheers
Jay

My drawing is a little left to be desired.

Consider this. A 3" TC Fitting with a 1/2" MPT.

upload_2018-9-10_15-12-47.png

Now, add a 1/2" MPT on the backside (INSIDE the gasket). Doesn't have to be 1/2" MPT on inside. Could be 1/2" hose barb. Just something to where I can hook up a hose.

Here is the scenario. I will be circulating the fermentation from the dump valve at the bottom of the conical fermenter TO this fitting. I can't use the blow-off cane, as I need to keep just a tiny bit of back-pressure to keep the CO2 from blowing over.

Tri-clamp hose barbs exist in many sizes, as do reducers from 3 inch/76mm to the more common smaller sizes. Would some combination of those work for you?

Tri-clamp hose barbs exist in many sizes, as do reducers from 3 inch/76mm to the more common smaller sizes. Would some combination of those work for you?
Probably. So long as it's inside the gasket, not just outside.

I've seen the reducers, but they reduce on the outside of the gasket, not on the inside, right? At least, not that I've seen.

Curious, why do you need a hose on the inside though if you just want to pump liquid into the fermenter? I assume theres just co2 in the headspace so? also if its a unitank you can do this under pressure and it will carbonate faster as the liquid rains down inside.

Ss brewtech sells a 3 inch tri clamp spray ball (I bought one) and it is essentially a 3 inch tri clamp with 1/2 inch mpt fittings on both sides, with a spray ball threaded into the inside fitting. So I'm guessing they probably carry the same prefer without the spray ball. You may have to contact them to ask though.

Latest posts

Back