3 tap or 2 tap tower????

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrBaloo

Reaction score
You know, I always think more is better.... and my kegerator would hold 3 cornies....

but what is everyones thoughts on whether or not to buy a 3 tap tower or a double tap tower??? If you have 3 and like it, I would love to hear about it.

I am kinda curious if 3 on the tower works well... just looks kind of cramped and thrown together.... with the double tap, it looks like you still have plenty of room....

I think the difference in price is only the faucet.... so why not add the capability to have 3.....?????

TIA

Baloo

Good question, I ponder this question for my future as well. I like big tap handles (like large Leinies canoe) so I could see them hitting each other.

The alternative is to get the tower with the horizontal piece so that they open all towards the back and don't open towards each other.

I bought a Kegco K309SS-2 (with two faucets) and love it...BUT...I wish I had gotten the 3 faucet version. Even if you don't plan on using it immediately I'd go ahead and get it. You'll want it one day if you're like me.

I have a couple of not too large tap handles on mine (Yuengling and Schlitz) and I don't see how a third custom tap handle would fit between them.

I have three and would be disappointed if I only had two. I actually have four kegs in there now and have to switch one out to serve the fourth.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1415252170.162900.jpg

Thank is my triple tap tower. It WAS a single tap, I added the additional taps myself. Just need a hole saw and some tower shanks. Whether you roll your own or buy it, go for 3 taps for sure!

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

Calfj,

I like that! I might use that as inspiration for my tap tower at our log cabin in a couple of years (on slabbed ash bartop from our property).

Maybe I should find some iron pipe and get it rusting away.

I have a two tap and am in the planning process for a new 5 tap build with a chest freezer so IMO, more is better!

Calfj,

I like that! I might use that as inspiration for my tap tower at our log cabin in a couple of years (on slabbed ash bartop from our property).

Maybe I should find some iron pipe and get it rusting away.

No need, that all started out as 2" galvanized. Two days in Lysol toilet bowl cleaner, aged.

They most certainly are, keg connection was where I got the third. Used to have a dual tower and slowly replaced the crappy ones it came with

The only issue with three taps is I find you have to brew quite a bit to keep them all running. I always seem to kill all three at once. Not necessarily a bad thing....

I have a two tap and wish I had a three. This way you can have a big beer, IPA and session strength all on tap - and dare I say it, you could have a nitrous tap...

As to the question on perlicks, absolutely essential.

Sent from the window of an airplane...

Back