3 Ingredient Grilled Potatoes with Sour Cream Dip

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marubozo

I can has homebrew?
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I'm new to brewing so I don't have much to add in that category as of yet, but food is another story. Maybe I can make up for my n00bness in brewing with some delicious food that goes with beer :D

Here's an easy one that costs virtually pennies, is simple to cook, and perfect with steak and beer. No, it isn't that fancy or an earth shattering recipe, but it's perfect for summer, quick, easy, and cheap.

3 Ingredient Grilled Potatoes

Turn this:

potatoes-1.jpg

Into this:

potatoes-2.jpg

All you need is a large russet potato or two, some green onions or chives, sour cream, and some oil and salt and pepper.

I already typed up a detailed walkthrough with more pictures showing how it's made step-by-step on my other site Need to Stretch Your Grocery Budget? This Quick, Easy, and Cheap Recipe Will Put a New Spin on the Boring Potato but it's a pretty simple process:

Potatoes:
1. Quarter potatoes lenghtwise and boil until 80-90% cooked.
2. Brush with oil and salt and pepper.
3. Grill a few minutes on each side to get crispy.

Sour Cream Dip:
1. Chop up green onions or chives.
2. Dump them into a big bowl of sour cream.
3. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Let sit in the fridge for a while to let flavors mingle.

Of course. If you have bacon on hand, by all means use it! You really can't beat bacon in any scenario that has to do with potatoes.

I did end up doing this, but I used a southwest ranch dip instead. It was great, the potatoes were awesome! Thanks for the idea :D

Ah the lowly little potato. So plain, so unassuming, so VERY versatile & tasty! I'll be doing this recipe tonight.
:D

Back