3 inch mending plates????

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Opherman47

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
where can i find 3 inch mending plates, i ordered some off of amazon.com because my hardware store didnt have them, the picture on amazon showed the correct product, but now they make that model with 4 holes instead of 2... i am looking to make this https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/custom-tap-handle-search-124797/#post1392771 but ill be darned if i can find the 2 hole plates? any ideas? you guys are brilliant thanks in advance btw it just looks like they make all of them that are 3 inches with 4 holes.. but if anyone has a lead on some with 2 holes that would be awesome, i have been looking for an hour on the internet already

problem is, i would have to order a full carton, bleh!!!! thank you so much for looking, im gonna go check the steel stock, i know nothing about that stuff so thanks :)

The ones he is using are not 3". He states that the plastic for the insert is 2x4 .5 inches a three inch plate would be a lot bigger than the backing plate.

Back