3 gallon Fast Ferment conical?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nokie

Reaction score
I just received the new copy of BYO and low and behold the first page I flip to is an ad for the new 3 gal fast ferment conical for $49.99.
Has anyone seen these anywhere for sale yet?
I'm gonna hop on one soon as I find it seeing I've been doing small A/G batches.

Now that I re-read the ad... parts for the 7.9 & 14 gallon are interchangeable and instead of the collection ball it uses mason jars:ban:

They had a prototype 3g displayed at Homebrew Con.
They are shooting for late summer availability

Yea it looks like the end of summer. I just got an email from them saying 2 months out.

5 Gallons Conical fermentator -
fastfermenter-conical-alcofermbrew-600x600.jpg

http://alcofermbrew.com/en/Conical-Fermenter-FastFerment-30L-Full-Set-p744c62c101c148.html

I saw an add in Zumurgy for this 3G FastFerment. I'd sure like to order one if I knew where to. Only FAQ's on their website. Anyone have any better info?

Hey Everyone,

Thanks for all the interest! We wanted to really have everything nailed down on this one before releasing too many details. You can find some info on our website below and I have attached a few high-res pictures.

http://fastbrewing.com/3gfastferment

All the parts are ordered from the suppliers and most are already on route. The blow mold is all done and we are running test units next week.

The last piece to the puzzle is finishing off the robotic fixture that cleans up the vessels and they are starting to build that this week.

I'll personally be down at the factory during the first runs in October.

I can say one thing - For such a smaller fermenter compared to the 7.9G & 14G it is has been a very tricky one to design and keep the costs down to an MSRP of $54.99.

We are super busy as our FastWashers should be ready in November and didn't have the manpower to do a full-blown launch ourselves so Mr. Beer is helping us launch this one.

https://www.mrbeer.com/

Next week they will have a full pre-sale page etc. for ordering and you can always email us direct at [email protected] for questions etc.

Thanks again - Cheers,

Mitchell

IMG_4527.jpg

IMG_4571.jpg

IMG_4539.jpg

Well, Im sold. Looking forward to getting this as my first conical and brewing more due to 3 gal size.

Quick question: On your website, the stand has a circular footpad, but the high res pics have a square footpad. Which is the final iteration and is the diameter of the circle the same as a side of the square (11")? Just want to know for keezer dimensions.

It will be a 5mm diameter, solid welded and powder coated steel stand. No assembly required.

It will be square with an OD dim of 11". The graphic designer is still updating some renderings as we were going to go with circular but liked square more hence the discrepancy.

Hopefully, we can get some mold pics up shortly.

I'm seriously thinking of pulling the trigger on this, looks nice for small batch exbeeriments. Can we order just the mason jar fittings for the 7.9g that I've already got?

Sounds like the end of the line for BrewDemon.
I think the brew demon will be ok. I have the older "V vessel" but I see a lot of people here complain of leaking lids and seals with these FF units. They may have gotten these bugs worked out by now IDK.
I only used V Vessel once and have been sticking to my stainless conicals since so my experience is limited but the yeast stuck to the sides pretty bad (safeale 04) kind of defeating the real point of a conical fermenter to me. (Again , not sure if FF improved the texture of the plastic over the original v vessel). I also had to replace the plastic valve which split at the threads the first time I cleaned it.

@m0KCE - We will be coming out with Mason Jar adaptors in early 2018 for both the 7.9G & 14G.

@augiedoggy - We have worked all the issues. Most posts online are usually from old units and if anyone ever has an issue they can always email us ([email protected]) and we get it sorted out.

ON another note, Mr. Beer has fixed the few little tech issues so ordering is now open on the 3G FF: https://www.mrbeer.com/fast-ferment-conical

I'm confused by the product description. Is it made for 3 gallon batches or 1-2 gallon batches?

"FastFerment has designed a smaller fermenter that offers the same advantages for 3-gallon brewing. The smaller size is perfect for making 1 and 2 gallon batches with plenty of headroom for beer with even the most aggressive fermentation."

@nicksim86 It is made for 1-2G batches and splitting 5G batches into 2, 2.5G batches with blow offs.

Sorry about the confusion.

I just ordered one from Mr. Beer as a preorder with November 13 as the expected shipping date.
My plan is to use it to make small experimental brews. It would be easier to use and clean up.

I just received the new copy of BYO and low and behold the first page I flip to is an ad for the new 3 gal fast ferment conical for $49.99.
Has anyone seen these anywhere for sale yet?
I'm gonna hop on one soon as I find it seeing I've been doing small A/G batches.
I ordered one via Mr.Beer from the fastfermeter web site. They expect them November 14

This looks interesting but I wonder how I would use a thermowell and an airlock too. I suppose I would need to cut a large enough hole for a stopper type thermowell.

The larger one I have came with the thermowell installed. But they also sell them. You could always tape the probe to the side

Latest posts

Back