3 gallon cornys 49.95

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's hard to explain, but you can get 5 gallon cornies in good shape for $18-$20. Those ebay prices aren't that good.

But, since the 3 gallon ones are more rare, they command a higher price. Usually they are over $70 a piece for used ones. I have a dorm fridge that is too short to fit a 5 gallon corny, but I can fit 2 3 gallon ones plus my small co2 tank, that's why I wanted one.

Oh are 3 gallon cornelius kegs preferred to 5 gallons?

I can put two, 3 gallon kegs into a 70qt cube cooler (rolling mini-kegerator). That is about 60 beers.

Five gallon kegs are great for home, but it is very nice to be able to carry a 3 gallon or two around.

(This is not mine, but will give you the idea)

Rolling_Kegerator_03.jpg

Mine shipped last night :) only thing that was out of stock was the 5/16 beer/gas line . The emailed me about it and that I could either wait for it to come in , send the order out as is and they would send the tubing when it came in or just remove the item. I elected to remove the item .

I didn't tell Bob about them yet. It just didn't come up last night. How do you say, "Honey, I know we have 7 kegs, three of them empty, but we needed two more. Oh, and while I was ordering, I added a few other items, too"? I guess when it shows up on the doorstep, I can say, "Oh, yeah- here are two smaller kegs, perfect for the cottage! And I'll put your favorite beer in one at all times!"

I didn't tell Bob about them yet. It just didn't come up last night. How do you say, "Honey, I know we have 7 kegs, three of them empty, but we needed two more. Oh, and while I was ordering, I added a few other items, too"? I guess when it shows up on the doorstep, I can say, "Oh, yeah- here are two smaller kegs, perfect for the cottage! And I'll put your favorite beer in one at all times!"

The other day I bought 4 2.5 gallon kegs from another HBT member. When I told my wife that I just had to buy 2 3 gallon kegs from MoreBeer, she just shook her head and started to talk but just gave up. I have a bunch of unused kegs - my excuse btw is that it will save my back from lifting 5 gallons at a time - yeah that's the ticket!

I didnt say anything to SWMBO last night either. I dont feel the need to, I buy what I want

And they are being delivered to my office ....I'll stack them in the garage and if she notices them I'll just tell her that I always have had them they are just little thats why she never saw them behind the 5 gallon one's . That should work....:)

I didnt say anything to SWMBO last night either. I dont feel the need to, I buy what I want

And they are being delivered to my office ....I'll stack them in the garage and if she notices them I'll just tell her that I always have had them they are just little thats why she never saw them behind the 5 gallon one's . That should work....:)

LMAO... We know who wears the pants...

Thanks for the heads up.... I just ordered one... I've only made one beer but I figured I would start kegging soon and this would be perfect for driving on the beach...

LMAO... We know who wears the pants...

Thanks for the heads up.... I just ordered one... I've only made one beer but I figured I would start kegging soon and this would be perfect for driving on the beach...

They are just like her shoes they breed

It's hard to explain, but you can get 5 gallon cornies in good shape for $18-$20. Those ebay prices aren't that good.

Where?

I can't seem to find them for less than $25 or so each. Ebay I found one with 5 shipped for 130, but you say I can find them somewhere for less than $100?

At $18 a piece, I wouldn't be buying $13 plastic buckets.

I can put two, 3 gallon kegs into a 70qt cube cooler (rolling mini-kegerator). That is about 60 beers.

Five gallon kegs are great for home, but it is very nice to be able to carry a 3 gallon or two around.

(This is not mine, but will give you the idea)

Rolling_Kegerator_03.jpg

Is that mine?

Where?

I can't seem to find them for less than $25 or so each. Ebay I found one with 5 shipped for 130, but you say I can find them somewhere for less than $100?

At $18 a piece, I wouldn't be buying $13 plastic buckets.

if you want 5 gallon corny's for 20$ MJC a vender here has a special 80$ for 4 push lock 5 gallon corny's CHI

Amazing, they must have stumbled upon these kegs like game, set, match; we're gonna make bank in a week. I bought 4, I got 5 now. Jesus. Can't control myself. I love these things. Thanks for the heads up, I think.

What kind of taps and shanks did you use?

The faucets are Shirron's (ventamatic) and the shanks are the elbow shanks that you use in a tower.

I originally had 4" shanks, but they're too long. If you don't use black spacers that come with the shanks and use a washer on either side instead, the tower shanks fit perfect into that extreme cooler.

Now get crackalackin'.

In other news, 2 have shipped to me today and I'd like to make a suggestion.

Check this thread out to make sure you can use a shorter hose for the cooler.

I just installed my first one (I have 5 more in the garage) and am hopeful that this will allow for proper carbonation and dispensing in the cooler.

The faucets are Shirron's (ventamatic) and the shanks are the elbow shanks that you use in a tower.

I originally had 4" shanks, but they're too long. If you don't use black spacers that come with the shanks and use a washer on either side instead, the tower shanks fit perfect into that extreme cooler.

Now get crackalackin'.
Is there a thread about this build?

Whats your rental fee for the setup :fro:

Is there a thread about this build?

Whats your rental fee for the setup :fro:

I didn't know that I needed a thread for the build. I basically merged the greatest of some of the pioneers on this board

I think I originally saw EdWort's design and then I saw the "shizzle" over on the greenboard and liked the fact that if you offset the taps, you could fit two in there.

I originally had to tap a regulator and connect it to a paintball filler, but when I say BM's rolling draft system, I used the Kobalt regulator that he used because it's more compact.

They are just like her shoes they breed

And purses too! Just checked and they're still in stock. Do I need them? Nope! But at that price I'll find uses for them. SWMBO got me two of the new 2.5gal. cornies last year and they're awesome! But those were $120+ so this is a pretty good deal. But, it's not as good as two for $75.

Anytime you order kegs there will be shipping involved.

There are places with fixed shipping, and places that ship cheaper, which is why shipping absolutely needs to be included in the price.

Theres a guy on ebay selling 5g cornies for $21 each, with $33 shipping for 5. Thats $27 a piece, and the absolute cheapest I've seen. Not anywhere near $18 each.

Thanks everyone, you all cost me another $109 bucks (I have to pay CA sales tax) for more beer gear. This is an attempt to force myself into kegging, or at least have the option to keg. Now...what else do I need?? Is it on sale too?? :eek: Seems I just learned how to use a capper yesterday...

Theres a guy on ebay selling 5g cornies for $21 each, with $33 shipping for 5. Thats $27 a piece, and the absolute cheapest I've seen. Not anywhere near $18 each.

I have found 5G Cornysfor $20 on craigslist. I even found someone selling the follwoing for $200 (all or nothing)
2: 5gal glass carboy
2: 6gal plastic fermenter
5: airlocks
winethief
hydrometer
autosyphon
lots of tubing
bottlebrush
carboy brush
Brewers Best beer kit
bottle of Starsan
5# Oxiclean
5# CO2 tank
Dualguage Regulator with all the connections
2: 3gal Corny kegs
capper
hundreds of caps
30ft copper Imersion Chiller
several spoons, ladels, and and much more
3kd3m43p7ZZZZZZZZZ9670dce8b3f130b108b.jpg

I have found 5G Cornysfor $20 on craigslist. I even found someone selling the follwoing for $200 (all or nothing)
2: 5gal glass carboy
2: 6gal plastic fermenter
5: airlocks
winethief
hydrometer
autosyphon
lots of tubing
bottlebrush
carboy brush
Brewers Best beer kit
bottle of Starsan
5# Oxiclean
5# CO2 tank
Dualguage Regulator with all the connections
2: 3gal Corny kegs
capper
hundreds of caps
30ft copper Imersion Chiller
several spoons, ladels, and and much more
3kd3m43p7ZZZZZZZZZ9670dce8b3f130b108b.jpg

I hope you bought it .

damn thats a shame you didnt , I just bought 5 kegs for 10$ each, one is scrap put was good for parts so 12.50 each for the good ones .

Back