3 beers - 1 Day and a few more opportunities for adjustment

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cdelap

Reaction score
we had one of our first 65 degree days yesterday and I couldn't help but start re-stocking the supply after taking the hit of hunting and then the holidays (both seasons where I consume more than I can make)

I managed to make a imperial stout, a Two-hearted clone and the Vanilla Caramel Cream ale --- 2 all-grains and a partial all went well except for the ability to cool each quick enough for me to brew non-stop. I plan on buying a plate chiller and a trub filter this week that will take care of my cooling problem.

Also not paying attention I managed to pitch my yeast around 95F on the last beer, I am going to run out on my lunch and grab a new pack and hope for the best, any other suggestions?

I also have noticed that my efficiency is slipping with my HERMS setup. Right now I fill to the false bottom and then add a quart of water per pound of grain, this typically gives me about 1.5 inches on top of the grain bed and never used to be a problem, could the additional water through the pump ~7 feet of hose and 25ft foil really be decreasing my efficiency that much.

Both all grains I ended up with roughly a 65% efficiency and I typically get 78%-83%

All in all I'm sure I made a couple great beers and I couldn't have asked for a better day to spend outside now I'm just looking for any tips that can make my efficiency's better, I plan on buying a plate chiller and a trub filter this week that will take care of my cooling problem.

I have no information to help you, but I sure would like the recipe for that Vanilla Caramel Cream Ale, if you don't mind sharing.

Latest posts

Back