• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Indiana 3/4 Complete 3 Element BCS462 Control Panel

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JoshuaW

Reaction score
I started working on this last year, but my wife changed her mind on how much space I could have mid build. That kind of killed my spirit, and I just slowed down the build since I knew I wasnt going to have the space for three vessel. I have already moved on, and my dreams of finishing this panel just dont make sense anymore.

So about the panel:

50amp 240v Input
15amp 120v Input
2x 240v Outputs
1x 120v/240v Output for RIMS
2x 120v Output for Pumps
8x Temp Inputs (at least 5 probes are included, I might have 6)
1x Ethernet Port
4x 7 Segment PID Displays for BCS
1x Alarm
4x BCS Input Buttons

The panel is cut, all the components are in place. Almost all of it is wired. Im just finishing on wiring the pumps, and depending on when/if this sells, they may be done by then. The remaining stuff to do is wiring in all of the low voltage BCS controls, solder in the adapters for the temp probes, and of course thoroughly test everything.

The panel, as configured, can operate two 240v elements at any time. So you can run your HLT and BK simultaneously! You can also run the RIMs at 120v while running the HLT and the BK. Or you can run the BK and the RIMS at 240v. Your choice! Overkill? Definitely. This was designed to be as flexible as possible. It will work for just about any setup or configuration.

The 7 Segment PID displays lets the BCS controller show your temps without a PC. I have a slot cut out for the displays and a custom plexiglass frame that I had designed and cut. The displays are not wired or mounted yet, but they arent necessary to use the panel. The input buttons let you change variables or proceed to the next sequence without using your PC. Most setups have one button, this one has four. Again, overkill is the theme of this panel!

I will include everything you need to complete the panel, plus spare parts that I have. This includes, but is not limited to all wiring I have purchased for the panel, spare switches, LEDs, terminal connectors, small heatsinks, etc. I will also include all of the BCS temperature probes I have. There are 5-6 of them, all but one are 1/2" NPT. I will include all of the electrical diagrams that I received with the panel from ebrewsupply.

I paid $1837 for this kit, and I have added at least another $250 in additional probes, the 7 segment displays, additional LEDs, switches, etc. Plus, half of the work is complete! I would like to get $1500 for it, but I am open to offers. Local pickup is prefered. This panel is quite large, and quite heavy, and there are still lose parts and spares. Im not opposed to shipping it, but it will be a PITA, and there will be a cost associated with that.

Please let me know if you have any questions, and see the pictures below from earlier in the build:

http://imgur.com/a/acWi6

http://imgur.com/a/ANepn

What are the dimensions of the panel? How long would it take you to finish? I think i would be wsy more interested if it were finished.....kind of like buying somthing thats olny half put together at full price....

What are the dimensions of the panel? How long would it take you to finish? I think i would be wsy more interested if it were finished.....kind of like buying somthing thats olny half put together at full price....

At my current availability of time, it would probably take me through the end of the year. I'm traveling for work every other week right now, which leaves me exhausted on the weekends. I'm working on it an hour at a time most weekends. In total I would say there is about six hours worth of work left.

This is the panel enclosure from ebrewsupply.

http://www.ebrewsupply.com/shop/enclosures/stainless-steel-enclosure/ssencl6x5x2.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back