2V SS Brewtech Brewing System Review Page

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Received my SSB order! :ban: Everything actually arrived last saturday. I have not yet opened any of the packages yet to see all the cool kit. I am waiting for a time to open the packages until i can either build, buy, or otherwise acquire some kind of table or stand. at which point i MAY make an unboxing video (doubtful tho).

In the mean time i still have to add two dedicated 30 amp circuits to the breaker box and build extension cords from the breaker box to where i think i want to set up stand/table.

Today I went shopping. I bought 80 feet of 10/3 SOOW cord, this will make two 40 foot extension cords. I also bought two circuit breakers, two 2-gang breakout boxes 2 dryer plug style outlets, bang box outlet cover plates and associated bobs and bits. Also ordered four 6L-30R cord ends from one of the big box stored due to the fact that they had 3 in stock locally until i was standing at the proper shelf looking for these cord ends when another customer grabbed the remain 3 from the shelf right before my eyes. Prices have gone thru the roof on EVERYTHING. Just these few items at the local orange and blue big box stores cost just south of $400.00

I have not bought any of the extra parts necessary to actually brew yet, such as silicone hose or 1 1/2 tri-clamp fittings or clamps and gaskets. Maybe next week?

Received my SSB order! :ban: Everything actually arrived last saturday. I have not yet opened any of the packages yet to see all the cool kit. I am waiting for a time to open the packages until i can either build, buy, or otherwise acquire some kind of table or stand. at which point i MAY make an unboxing video (doubtful tho).

In the mean time i still have to add two dedicated 30 amp circuits to the breaker box and build extension cords from the breaker box to where i think i want to set up stand/table.

Today I went shopping. I bought 80 feet of 10/3 SOOW cord, this will make two 40 foot extension cords. I also bought two circuit breakers, two 2-gang breakout boxes 2 dryer plug style outlets, bang box outlet cover plates and associated bobs and bits. Also ordered four 6L-30R cord ends from one of the big box stored due to the fact that they had 3 in stock locally until i was standing at the proper shelf looking for these cord ends when another customer grabbed the remain 3 from the shelf right before my eyes. Prices have gone thru the roof on EVERYTHING. Just these few items at the local orange and blue big box stores cost just south of $400.00

I have not bought any of the extra parts necessary to actually brew yet, such as silicone hose or 1 1/2 tri-clamp fittings or clamps and gaskets. Maybe next week?
Why do you need (4X) L6-30Rs?

Brew on :mug:

Why do you need (4X) L6-30Rs?

Brew on :mug:
I dunno... YET 🙄

Because 4 was only 15$ more than 1 at the local pro electrical supply store? Might make some extra extension cord? When I ordered my system I ordered one 4 foot and one 8 foot SSBT extension cords because I didn't know what to expect as some people on this thread were complaining about the length of cords included with the system I kinda figured better safe than sorry.

Yeah I know, if I wish to make more extension cords I still need the male cord ends😕. But that is a project on the 'wish list' at the moment LOL.

Last edited:
So after all that! Getting SOOW cable and ordering the necessary compatible cord ends to make extension cables, the orange big box store sends me a email today to say that my cable ends will not be delivered today but rather the 19th! Gah!

So gonna be a while again until I can set up the system to give it a whirl. Oh well, such is my life.

In the mean time. After looking for alternatives to my extension cord end woes, I found, of coarse at the same orange big box store website... Pre-made SOOW 6L-30 extension cords in 25, 36, 50 and 100 foot lengths for cheaper than it cost to make your own. Two 50' cords would have cost me 190$ which was only 6$ more than I paid for 80 (2x40') feet of bare cables alone.

For any one interested:

https://www.homedepot.com/p/parkwor...n-Cord-NEMA-L6-30P-to-L6-30R-885644/316429665
Might buy a set of 50 footers later, in case I feel like brewing outside or in the neighbors driveway😁. Yeah right!

Also thru do have other brands in other lengths. Might be cheaper than SSBT's extension cables?

Back