• We have a new forum and it needs your help! Homebrewing Deals is a forum to post whatever deals and specials you find that other homebrewers might value! Includes coupon layering, Craigslist finds, eBay finds, Amazon specials, etc.

2V SS Brewtech Brewing System Review Page

HomeBrewTalk.com - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Community.

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

NewJersey

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I'm 4 brews in using a 1V for eBIAB.
I recirculate.
I've had trouble with temps overshooting during mash. After my 3rd brew was done I did a full volume mash with the spent grain and recirculated while doing the autotune. Held temps perfectly within a tenth of a degree.
During 4th brew (a month later) it was back to the same overshooting bs. I did the autotune during the mash and it held temps again.
I'm getting tired of this. (I've been seriously considering a 15 gal spike solo with a brew commander because of this)
Anyone else have these issues? Fix?
Also wondering if anyone has used an external timer to delay the start of mash heat up? (Like with Christmas lights. Does this exist for 240v?)
I'm in the SS fb user group but I haven't seen a resolution to my problem.
Emailed SS middle of last week... Still waiting on a response.

nas81

Reaction score
I don't recall tuning mine. I use it with a HERMS coil and I set my HLT temp to 156 and the MT temp stays at 154 no problem (using their insulated tun). I only use full power for starting boil then I set it for about 55-60% and it maintains that (I do keep an eye out on this).

Southern_Junior

Reaction score
@Southern_Junior can i ask you what are the dimensions of the wooden stand and what kind of lumber did you use?
I can do you one better. Attached are the drawings I used to build. If you want the editable Visio, let me know. Only changes I would make is the placement of the pump supports, I like the look being tight to the frame, but it makes the riptides a little crammed.

the base of the cart was all made using 4x4’s. Which is overkill, but it made it easy to build(basically Lincoln logs!) and I didn’t have to worry about the weight or do any actual calcs on the weight.

top boards are all poplar that I got for a different project that never came to be. Pretty wood.

Attachments

msjy2008

Reaction score
I can do you one better. Attached are the drawings I used to build. If you want the editable Visio, let me know. Only changes I would make is the placement of the pump supports, I like the look being tight to the frame, but it makes the riptides a little crammed.

the base of the cart was all made using 4x4’s. Which is overkill, but it made it easy to build(basically Lincoln logs!) and I didn’t have to worry about the weight or do any actual calcs on the weight.

top boards are all poplar that I got for a different project that never came to be. Pretty wood.
Thanks!
I am looking to build a bench similar to the one you have but it might have to be longer due to that I have 2x ssb 20gal e kettle and 1 ssb 20gallon MT.

Southern_Junior

Reaction score
Thanks!
I am looking to build a bench similar to the one you have but it might have to be longer due to that I have 2x ssb 20gal e kettle and 1 ssb 20gallon MT.
I will say, I have a lot more room than my drawing said I would. So you may not need a longer table. Highly recommend the behr outdoor high gloss. I can wipe it down and it looks good as new after spills.