2nd batch is starting tomorrow, advice?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

n00bBrew3r

Reaction score
for my 2nd batch ( this batch will be at my wedding) i chose the german style light extract kit from True Brew. It comes with light lme, rice syrup solids, dextrose, priming sugar, yeast, and bottle caps. I also purchased 1oz of hallauertau hops for flavor and aroma additions and i would like the beer to be around 4.5-5%ABV. should i use more extract or more dextrose?

If you add anything you will be changing the outcome. Without knowing the recipe it is impossible to know what the effects would be. IMO it is best to choose a kit that gives what you want rather than trying to change the ABV. That said, DME will increase the ABV with without drying out and thinning the beer as much as Dextrose would.n

ok so i got the boil going and i decided to go with .5 cascade and .5 hallautauer for bittering and at 35 min the rest of the hall hops and at 5 minutes the rest of the cascade

Back